MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
What calibers are in demand and from what manufacturer? I will tell you 9mm, .223, .308 and .50 cal those are the caliber in question made from Lake City. Demand has always been high, but don't cause a panic because of a headline in the news. We will adjust as we always do... We may not be able to buy from Lake City for awhile, but there are plenty of other manufacturer's out there.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
"jokingly"

"jokingly" The Army makes up for 3/4 of the fighting force in combat!!!! thats why we need more[/i]

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: "jokingly"

101Combat Vet said:
"jokingly" The Army makes up for 3/4 of the fighting force in combat!!!! thats why we need more[/i]

marines are barely a blip on the radar in size.. we get more done with less and take less time! like that late night wonder 2000 in 1 uses slice and dice machine!!

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

If I had one more division like this First Marine Division I could win this war.

General of the Armies Douglas McArthur in Korea,

overheard and reported by Marine Staff Sergeant Bill Houghton, Weapons/2/5

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" Eleanor Roosevelt

http://www.marinesforever.com/Quotes.htm

·
Registered
910 Posts
The last input I flew on about two weeks ago we picked up a load out of Ramstein to Kabul, Afg. The load contained 6 pallets of 7.62, 10 pallets of 5.56, 1 pallet of 9mm, and 1 pallet of concertina wire. Each pallet of the small arms weighing about 8900 -9200lbs. It was all for the Lithuanian Army, though. Not our guys.

Every input we do we haul several pallets of 1.4 over. It's definitely making its way over there in large quantities. Very tempting to "misplace" an ammo can or two, but it's more important to guys using it to defend their lives, than me shooting paper. Damn it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Only MARINES are so insecure as to memorize stacks of quotes that help them deal with their lack of ....size. In fact, whole websites are devoted to this very task.

Should of seen the "every Marine a rifleman" Marine tonight shooting at the range....His group size was defined by the limits of the paper target.

Friendly rivalry of course. Someones gotta sit their ass on a boat for months on end in case something happens in some obscure corner of the world. They can keep that job! :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Here we go... Where's the popcorn?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
realisticly, forma shooting standpoint, supplying us contracts has caused the cost of primers to rise as manufacturing capacity is being maxed out to fill the ocntracts and keep retail box ammo on the shelves. If you have been shopping, federal primers are almost non-existant, and even winchester small pistol jumped form about $17 to $25 a box in less than six months while only jumping from about $14 to $17 in the previous 2 years despite the run up in metals.

The price of ammo is up because of the price of metals... of which the current war effort is a notable element, but hardly the main driving force. Industrialization of third world countries, and lack of mining and refining capacity is pretty much driving that issue.

The price of .223 is through the roof because of both of the above plush consumers trying to buy huge ammounts of it to avoid the shrotage.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
ahh the navy!!!!

My grandfather spent 8 years in the navy and even today whenever we talk he calls me a trench digger are we gonna start that next?????

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
if we do!!!

Because if we do I got some good ones!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I originally wanted to join the Marines prior to the Army, they have a propaganda machine that would rival Stalin's

The man who inspired me to go into the military was a LTC in the Marines. You would be hard pressed to find a better man, in any service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts