MP-Pistol Forum banner

At Last, Finally (maybe)

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  coltman1985 
#1 ·
My M&P9 came with the front sight a bit off to the right. It shot 2" left and 6" low. The general advice was that it was the shooter and not the pistol, which I think is usually correct. I fired about 1500 rounds before I decided to send it back to S&W for a fix. S&W did a fine, quick job of returning the pistol with a centered, shorter front sight. The low-left was gone, but in my efforts to fix my shooting technique for problems I didn't have with any other pistol, I seem to have picked up one heck of a block about shooting the M&P. "It" shot erratically. So bad I was loosing interest in shooting it.

I decided to bear down and either learn to shoot the thing send it packing. Somewhere around round 25 today, I managed to shake the last lousy habit with this pistol. Figured something had been going right when another shooter said "nice shooting, what are you shooting?"

Just a hat tip to the folks who have been saying "shooting technique." The thing shoots pretty well now that I've stopped fighting it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.