MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger (so to speak) on my purchase decision ... thanks to the thoughtful concerns of several forum members about the infamous mag drop issue, I had decided to buy an XD and wait for the M&P mag design problems to resolve.

I had the XD in my hand, ready to buy, when I made a comment that it did seem a bit "blocky" and top heavy, when the gun shop guy came around the counter and gave me a very strong pitch about the M&P. He was really sold on the M&P and the design features. He indicated that the returns at their gun shop have been miinimal, and no complaints for mag drops.

So, I am the proud owner of a new M&P9c. I really love the feel of the M&P and just needed that little encouragement to take the plunge.

Oh, why did I care what the gun shop guy's opinion was? I know his reputation. He has at least one national shooting title, a couple of international gold medals and a boatload of state and regional action shooting sports titles, works on his own guns and instructs. A very busy and accomplished young man. I appreciate that he took the time to have a conversation with me about the M&P, when it was obvious I was going to buy something anyway.

Next in line, a full size - maybe .45

badger

S&W 19

S&W 649

S&W M&P 9c

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...