MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had three FTSL. I thought it was me at first but I had an FBI instructor shoot 6 rounds. It didn't lock back for him either.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Which load? Some of the stuff they make is very weak, intentionally so for specific shooting sports. For example, a lot of the AMU stuff is loaded at the absolute lowest power/recoil factor possible and the guns that are used to shoot it have light recoil springs, lightened slides, or both.

They sent me a couple of boxes of ammo to try, which have been sitting in my locker for quite a while. When I get back home I'll give it a shot (pardon the pun) and see how it runs through my M&P9.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Most of the 'Sevigny/Strader' type loads are about a 130pf. Meaning a 147gr JHP doing on average 885fps loaded pretty long and with an undersize sizing die. It's a high pressure low velocity load. My old ammo sponsor loaded me a similar load which was +P+ in pressure but cycled about like a .22LR Ruger 22/45 loaded with CCI Stinger/Velocitor ammo if you used a standard recoil spring the pistol would definately short cycle.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I shoot AA&A 180 gr .40 S&W Major power factor load all the time, and have never had an issue with their "new brass" ammo. I have had a few FTF with their reloads, but I figure that's par for the course with old brass. I only shoot the new stuff in competition.

Depending on what caliber/load your shooting, however, you might have too much spring for the Minor loads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts