MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The story was wrong, it was IRAQ not Iran!

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/02/17/...ustria-Iran.php

Corrective: Austria-Iran story

VIENNA, Austria: In stories Feb. 16 and Feb. 17 about weapons sales, The Associated Press, citing Austrian news media reports, erroneously reported that Austrian authorities approved the export of 30,000 handguns to Iran. The weapons were sold to Iraq, not Iran.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Jeff 9mm M&P said:
Hmmmm another good reason not to buy a Glock.

I concur, I certainly hope an American manufacture does not make the same mistake. Next time I see a glock owner on the range I will show him this article; then show him my M&P :wink: But there again, the USA sold millions of dollars or weaponry to Iraq, then enturn took it back so to speak. I was amazed at the US stamped ordance I found in Ammunition Supply Points across Iraq. Either way you look at it, it doesnt make it right to sell arms to Iran.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
533 Posts
I wouldn't sell Iran any weapons,...I would give it to them for free...

Just drop a couple of Huge Bombs from a B2, No Charge!!

Y

Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='Jeff 9mm M&P']Hmmmm another good reason not to buy a Glock.

I concur, I certainly hope an American manufacture does not make the same mistake. Next time I see a glock owner on the range I will show him this article; then show him my M&P :wink: But there again, the USA sold millions of dollars or weaponry to Iraq, then enturn took it back so to speak. I was amazed at the US stamped ordance I found in Ammunition Supply Points across Iraq. Either way you look at it, it doesnt make it right to sell arms to Iran.[/quote]

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really doubt if a US manufacturer could get a permit from the government to sell any kind of arms to Iran, heck they probably couldn't get a permit to sell them anything, much less arms.

·
Registered
514 Posts
To think that I was looking for a compact handgun and was thinking about a G27. I will not support a manufacturer that supports terrorism. Especially when they are finding their way to Iraqi insurgents who are killing my brothers & sisters in arms. Great reason to exclude Glock and I hope other Americans will do the same.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
They are discounting this on GT saying that it is for Iraq, not Iran. I don't know if that's true or not. I do know Iraqi police are issued Glocks.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Buy USA from now on.....

Thanks for the heads up! My son is considering buying a Glock. I'll show him this article. This is one of the many reasons we should buy guns manufactured in the USA. When you buy foreign made products, you don't know what you are supporting. :roll:

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The US government bought S&W Sigmas for distribution to Iraqi Police.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Buy USA from now on.....

TxPhantom said:
Thanks for the heads up! My son is considering buying a Glock. I'll show him this article. This is one of the many reasons we should buy guns manufactured in the USA. When you buy foreign made products, you don't know what you are supporting. :roll:

Not just guns...

I ALWAYS take time to look where stuff is made; especially at WalMart/Target/etc. If there is an American/Canadian option I go for that. That's why you see me on here instead of the Glock forums.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yep, they posted a retraction, the Glocks are to go to IRAQ! NOT Iran. This does NOT excuse the .50 cal (12.7mm) rifles though...that was styer's doing, not glocks.

Corrective: Austria-Iran story

The Associated Press

Published: February 16, 2007

VIENNA, Austria: In stories Feb. 16 and Feb. 17 about weapons sales, The Associated Press, citing Austrian news media reports, erroneously reported that Austrian authorities approved the export of 30,000 handguns to Iran. The weapons were sold to Iraq, not Iran.

LINK: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/02/17/...ustria-Iran.php

·
Registered
59 Posts
Styer Not Glock

Thanks ClosetCaseNerd! I was wondering if it really was Glock, it seemed a bit out of the ordinary for Glock to have made the decision, not impossible, just unlikely.

Now Styer is could see they are looking for markets where it can sell.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Never trust the media.....

Or as Ronald Reagan said, "trust but verify". Now I've got to send out my own corrective story to the people I sent the original story to. :oops:

With the problems in the middle east, it's pretty bad when a reporter doesn't know the difference between Iraq and Iran! Just prooves you have to wade through their agenda driven slant on any news story. They probably cost Glock some business already. I'm almost mad enough to go out and buy a Glock! Well, almost!! :roll:

·
Registered
524 Posts
With all the references to Iran, then getting the quote of Styer's rep's about Iraq correct, I just can't see how this journalist could confuse the two. What do these guys drink when they write or what?

I'm sorry for the confusion, and I posted it on two other boards because I was furious, but I should have checked around before posting this up on other boards. Now I feel bad because I put egg on glock's face and they didn't do anything wrong...

I cleaned up my mess on other boards I posted this on. I hope glock goes after the journalist

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At least they posted a retraction, a lot of times when the media makes mistakes they just forget about it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts