MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. Having a hard time figuring out a good B-Day gift for an old man that has everything. He has all the firearms he needs/wants. Doesnt have to be much, but I am at a loss this year??? If anyone has any idears jump on in and help a brother out

Thanks guys.

FF

·
Registered
501 Posts
finalfusion said:
Hey fellas. Having a hard time figuring out a good B-Day gift for an old man that has everything. He has all the firearms he needs/wants. Doesnt have to be much, but I am at a loss this year??? If anyone has any idears jump on in and help a brother out

Thanks guys.

FF

How old is he? Did he serve in the military and, if so, when?

Neither is any of my business but since there IS another thread on the CMP and Garands and Carbines.... :)

Maybe one or more good books on safaris on the Dark Continent

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
well brother it seems to me your dad has a good son that cares. That is enough for sure. If you can get your hands on him give him a big hug and tell him you love him,God how I wish I could do that again. good luck and happy holidays to you and yours bro.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike.

My old man served many years ago but only for a couple years and had to come back to the states to take care of my grandma. He doesnt seem to like to read all that much, he is just a man that has worked hard his entire life and I am more than happy to be a son to a man that tought me so much in life!

Thanks for your reply though brother! Much appreciated.

FF

mikenkansas said:
[quote name='finalfusion']Hey fellas. Having a hard time figuring out a good B-Day gift for an old man that has everything. He has all the firearms he needs/wants. Doesnt have to be much, but I am at a loss this year??? If anyone has any idears jump on in and help a brother out

Thanks guys.

FF

How old is he? Did he serve in the military and, if so, when?

Neither is any of my business but since there IS another thread on the CMP and Garands and Carbines.... :)

Maybe one or more good books on safaris on the Dark Continent[/quote]

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tigs. Man thanks for the kind words. To be honest my father and I never really told one another we loved eachother until I left AZ. to come up here to Washington a few months back. We actually saw one another cry that day. If I could give him a hug brother man I would, but my arms just cant reach that far this time around
I am sorry to hear about your father my friend, all we can do when we lose a father/mother/family is reflect on all those good memories and that we will all meet again one day in another life/world!!!

Have an awesome Thanksgiving and holidays with you and yours brother!!!!

tigs40cal said:
well brother it seems to me your dad has a good son that cares. That is enough for sure. If you can get your hands on him give him a big hug and tell him you love him,God how I wish I could do that again. good luck and happy hollidays to you and yours bro.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My dad loves the back massaging chair I got him. Sometimes practical outweighs flash-bang :wink:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am not sure what to tell you finalfusion. My dad and I MAY speak once a year. We have not been very close for years. It is too bad and I am very envious of guys that are close to your dads.

Ron

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Kris,

All things left at the door....This is where I got my Mom/Stepdad's Xmas gift. You cannot go wrong with a bunch of meat and they got good holiday prices right now...Hope this helps :wink:

http://www.omahasteaks.com/servlet/OnlineShopping

·
Registered
25 Posts
Birthday Present

Final Fusion,

My suggestion would be to sit down and write your father a letter telling him that you are very proud of him, and the reasons why. Be sure to thank him for being a great dad and mail that letter to him, rather than sending him a store bought birthday card. On his birthday, make arrangements to spend the day with him, doing the things he enjoys. Show an interest and engage him. You might discover things he wants that can't be bought with money, but can easily be purchased with time shared between the two of you.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ron.

I know were you are coming from. To be honest, my father and I did not become close until we started working together. But through the work, we got the chance to become friends and get to know one another. So now its the hard part of showing my appreciation to have him as a father. he has tought me alot over the past several years, and I owe it to him to show that I valued all of it!!!

Thanks for replying brother!

ront said:
I am not sure what to tell you finalfusion. My dad and I MAY speak once a year. We have not been very close for years. It is too bad and I am very envious of guys that are close to your dads.

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brother, it would never make it to him. I would eat it all up before I sent it out
I am a carnavor to the fullest...lmao

101Combat Vet said:
Kris,

All things left at the door....This is where I got my Mom/Stepdad's Xmas gift. You cannot go wrong with a bunch of meat and they got good holiday prices right now...Hope this helps :wink:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am thinking both of your suggestions are it!! Might even pick myself up one
But I am going with the back massager because like brother Morgan, my father has went through a few major back surgeries a year or so ago. Also he still feels pain every day. So I am thinking I am going to invest in a medium quality/$100 messager he can keep in his work truck!

Thanks for all your support fellas, its always appreciated!!!!

choochboost said:
[quote name='Grimwulff']My dad loves the back massaging chair I got him.
That's what I was going to suggest.
[/quote]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
finalfusion said:
Brother, it would never make it to him. I would eat it all up before I sent it out

[quote name='101Combat Vet']Kris,

[/quote]

Thats why I am shipping it to them it leaves ME out of the equation
:wink:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='finalfusion']Brother, it would never make it to him. I would eat it all up before I sent it out

[quote name='101Combat Vet']Kris,

[/quote]

Thats why I am shipping it to them it leaves ME out of the equation
:wink:[/quote]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts