MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I strayed away for a bit but, the Plus model caught my attention recently. The G43 has been my go to for a sub 9mm but with the higher capacity options I wanted a change. I checked out the P365 and didn't like what I saw on the whole firing pin block design. My older Shields were great so I landed on the Plus model. Took it shooting last weekend and had one issue (FTE) with the 13-round mag. One of the very first few rounds didn't extract properly. I feel it was caused by how tight the mag was when loading the 13th round. I've since left the 13-round mag fully loaded for a few days and plan on testing it out again this weekend.

This evening I plan on swapping out the oem sights for some AmeriGlo Hackathorns. I'm a tad bit nervous based on reading how tight the dovetail sights have been on the M&P line but I'll give it a go with my sight pusher.

Anyway, all of this to say....It's good to be back and have a Shield in the rotation again. Stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I strayed away for a bit but, the Plus model caught my attention recently. The G43 has been my go to for a sub 9mm but with the higher capacity options I wanted a change. I checked out the P365 and didn't like what I saw on the whole firing pin block design. My older Shields were great so I landed on the Plus model. Took it shooting last weekend and had one issue (FTE) with the 13-round mag. One of the very first few rounds didn't extract properly. I feel it was caused by how tight the mag was when loading the 13th round. I've since left the 13-round mag fully loaded for a few days and plan on testing it out again this weekend.

This evening I plan on swapping out the oem sights for some AmeriGlo Hackathorns. I'm a tad bit nervous based on reading how tight the dovetail sights have been on the M&P line but I'll give it a go with my sight pusher.

Anyway, all of this to say....It's good to be back and have a Shield in the rotation again. Stay safe everyone!
Great to have you back. I have the same problem with the magazines as some are so tight that even when I can add the 13th round it does not always eject properly. I did what you did and left the magazine fully loaded for a couple of weeks and that did the trick. Love my Plus Performance Center as I have had only one misfire after 1,000 rounds.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Took it shooting last weekend and had one issue (FTE) with the 13-round mag. One of the very first few rounds didn't extract properly. I feel it was caused by how tight the mag was when loading the 13th round. I've since left the 13-round mag fully loaded for a few days and plan on testing it out again this weekend.
Have a similar issue with a couple of my mags. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
S&W H&K Glock
169 Posts
I'm still happy with my Shield 2.0 7-8 round model
Also have the Glock 43X & love the full grip it gives & a ten round magazine
My G43X has the Ameriglo Trooper sights factory
My Shield cost $249 & the Glock 43X cost $349
Love the size of these two pistols for carry better than all the others I have
Font Electronic instrument Crankset Trigger Metal
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Rectangle
Sleeve Font Personal protective equipment Pattern Metal

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm still happy with my Shield 2.0 7-8 round model
Also have the Glock 43X & love the full grip it gives & a ten round magazine
My G43X has the Ameriglo Trooper sights factory
My Shield cost $249 & the Glock 43X cost $349
Love the size of these two pistols for carry better than all the others I have
View attachment 18917 View attachment 18918 View attachment 18919
You have better grip texture on your 2.0 shield.

I acquired a shield plus a few months back and like the capacity increase but they ruined the gun with the girly texture.

I either have to pay $200 bucks to gave it stippled correctly or dump it and run the 365.

·
Registered
S&W H&K Glock
169 Posts
The 2.0 sure is grippy & rough
For guys with tough hands that work with them it is perfect
Some say that it's too rough but then others put Talon grips on them with 80 grit sandpaper or rubber
Seems like they just can't get it right OR they have offered too many textures & it is just a matter of preference
With that said I too really like the 2.0s texture & it clings to my hand better than the Glock when fired
It doesn't seem to rub me raw on the kidney or stomach, but I always wear a t-shirt between the gun & my skin

Welcome back @jsimpson4 & Enjoy that new Shield Plus
Didn't mean to change the direction of your thread

I doubt I will ever be swayed to the Shield Plus BUT~~~
Still WANT a SIG Sauer P365 but haven't found the right one YET~~

Have a Ruger SP101 2 1/4" 357 Magnum Coming July 1st

The Bigger Heavier Guns just don't get used for carry any longer since the Shield & G43X have come around
The Shield is the smallest of the ones I have

Don't really want a mouse gun BUT??~~~~ HaHaHa!!!
Try The Cricket, Omoeba or the Ion ;) I should patten those names

Enjoy those Shields & share some photos of them if you can...

Typewriter Office equipment Font Machine Metal

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had my Sheild 2.0 and felt the grip texture a bit too gritty so I put a Hogue grip sleeve on it. The finger grooves help with grip memory and makes it smoother on my side when wearing mine in a DeSantis Soft Tuk holster.

Enjoy your Sheild!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts