MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew often carries his .357 in his back pocket. Perfect for a "looks like I'm getting my wallet" draw.

I've tried this with my S&W CS45 and it does pretty good for me too.

I'm not sure if I got the M&P .45 compact that I'd be as comfortable with it this way or not.

Anyone else ever back pocket carry any CCW?

·
Registered
207 Posts
If I am in a huge rush to carry I will generally throw my pistol in my waistband just above the back pocket, in one of those cheapo fabric holsters that feel grippy on the outside. Seems to work pretty well for me so far. Only negative is if you bend over for something..... I was getting in line at the grocery store one day when a ladys kid threw his toy which landed near me, I bent over to get it and handed it to her. Got in line and somebody tapped me on the shoulder..... turns out my shirt went over and had tucked itself UNDER the grip completely exposing my pistol.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't think the trigger pull is heavy enough to safely pocket carry a M&P compact. Maybe when pocket holsters start being made for the M&P, but even still I think it'd print a bit much in a jean's back pocket.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just stand up....

I guess back pocket carry would be ok if you don't sit down. I have a full sized MP 40 & a MP 9mm compact. I can easily carry either in cool weather in IWB holsters. For warm to hot summer weather, wearing T shirt and shorts, I considered buying a Kel Tec PF9 but there are still too many problems with them. I am now considering a S & W 442 as a summer pocket gun with a pocket holster. My wife has a 642 that is very easy to carry nearly anywhere. 8)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: Just stand up....

I can comfortably conceal my 9C in a C-TAC holster under a t-shirt..It shouldn't be any different in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.It all depends how snug you wear your clothes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Back Pocket Carry Rules....

I have a Keltec P3AT that I carry in a DeSantis pocket holster that I carry in my normal wallet pocket and I carry my wallet in my front pocket now. This carry combo is AWESOME. I have 7 rounds of .380 readily available and most people would not expect a gun when it looks like your reaching for your wallet. I carry this gun everyday since I purchased the pistol last September with no problems. DeSantis has an excellent product and they make the same holster for larger frame weapons as well. I highly recommend Back Pocket Carry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts