MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been reading through the post and found a few people were having trouble with there grouping being a bit low at the range, and i was having the same problem until last night.

i shot 30 rnds with the medium backstrap and 30 with the large., my grouping was low and left with the medium and dead center and a tiny bit high with the large.

just somthing to try....

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I first shot my 40 I was low and left using the small backstrap. I switched to the medium backstrap and it helped alot. Now after shooting about 1000 rounds through it I can easily shoot out all the red bullseye in the standard targets.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You will burn some ammo trying the different backstraps but it is well worth the time. I too was low and left and had to use the large strap that seemed to correct the issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have been reading through the post and found a few people were having trouble with there grouping being a bit low at the range, and i was having the same problem until last night.

i shot 30 rnds with the medium backstrap and 30 with the large., my grouping was low and left with the medium and dead center and a tiny bit high with the large.

just somthing to try....

Same thing happened when I first got my M&P45, med backstrap low and left change to the large backstrap and centered on target.

It's nice to be able to change them so quick and easy. My daughter likes the sm grip but would rather shoot my wheel gun(S&W 327-R8)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Okay, so we're getting a fair bit of anecdotal evidence that using a larger grip helps at least somewhat with low/left issues.

The question is.....

why?

Anyone got any bright ideas?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Okay, so we're getting a fair bit of anecdotal evidence that using a larger grip helps at least somewhat with low/left issues.

The question is.....

why?

Anyone got any bright ideas?
'

Its all about positioning your finger on the trigger. We all have an optimal length of trigger pull; too far away and we push shots; too close and we tend to jerk them.

The quick and dirty method is to maintain the first joint of your finger (biggest, the one closest to your palm) parallel with the bore of the pistol.

All people are different, and what works for one person might not work for you.

The key thing is to do some dry fire and see which backstrap keeps the front sight the steadiest during the trigger pull as well as after it breaks rearward and stops.

good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts