MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 40c last night from my favorite dealer. Can't wait to get her out on the range for a shakedown session. I was looking her over pretty close last night and noticed the gap between the top of the barrel and the barrel cutout in the slide. I've looked at other pics on the site here and all seem to have the same gap. I haven't noticed this trait on my other autos. Is there a reason for this? I'm guessing it has to do with the movement of the slide and barrel during the ejection sequence.

I haven't had the time to take her apart and clean her yet. I will say that this gun feels much better in my hand than the Glock 23 I was comparing it to. I hope I got lucky and didn't get one with the problems I have read about here; mag drop, slide lock before the last round has been fired, ect. Time and numerous rounds thru her will tell huh? I will say the trigger feels very gritty. Does that smooth out with time?

Shabo

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
All of my M&P's felt a bit gritty at first, but with time they smoothed out. What's your serial#?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts