MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the break in period of the smith and wesson MP 9 is. I was thinking about 300 rounds would be in the ballpark but i just wanted to know for sure.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just wondering I got about 350 rounds through it now and I have not had any issues with it yet. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
31 Posts
BallBreaker said:
I was just wondering I got about 350 rounds through it now and I have not had any issues with it yet. Thanks for the info.

And most probably you won't encounter any.

When I started shooting my M&P, I expected to encounter problems similar to those I've read in this forum. Today, after thousands of rounds through it, it still has zero issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, that's a tricky question -- break-in time. I shot over 900 rounds through my 9c, and then the magazine started the drop-out problem. So, I guess, the gun was broken in, but then a major problem developed. I changed the mag release catch, but have not had a chance to test it out yet (hopefully, this coming Friday). If the new catch doesn't do the job, then sadly
the gun goes back to S&W. I am holding off buying new sights until this problems is fixed, and even looking at other guns, eg. Sig 229 or the 239, but sure would like to keep the M&P.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is me I had a Sig 229 and it is a nice gun but they are just so heavy for carry that i got rid of it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
mine has been great since day one. Never missed beat for 2 years i had this gun.

4000+rds, still counting strong!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Smith and Wesson emailed me back and said that it would take 200 to 300 rounds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts