MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess who brothers. Well after debating this for a couple years I have finally decided I want to become a bounty hunter. But every site I look on wants me to take an online course without the promise of actually becoming one. I was just wondering if we have any BH's here or if there is anyone that can give me a link or number to call??? You can always PM to remain anonymous.

Thanks for reading brothers!

FF

·
Registered
380 Posts
screw the online courses...

find out your states laws and requirements on it.

go to an actual seminar, which will complete the required hours of training...

for example... http://www.bounty-hunter.net/seminars.htm

there are others... but dont go for the online material crap. most likely, your state wont take it seriously.

also, as mossy said... go talk to some of the local Bondsmen, they can point you in the right direction as well.

but when you do... dont say "bounty hunter"... most dont really like that name and consider it an insult.

"Bail enforcement agent" or "fugitive recovery agent". these are the two "proper" names.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I am interested in finding out the process. I would go to hte source and contact your local police headquarters or sheriff dept. If they dont know the answer I am sure they will know where to go. Just dont go moving to Hawaii Bradda
:wink: (dog pun intended)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He was good at what he did, but his true colors came out
I will set an example!!!

101Combat Vet said:
I am interested in finding out the process. I would go to hte source and contact your local police headquarters or sheriff dept. If they dont know the answer I am sure they will know where to go. Just dont go moving to Hawaii Bradda
:wink: (dog pun intended)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be looking into that very soon. Thanks F-Bomb for the info. and proper terms....lol Would hate to hang myself before even stepping foot into there office
Thanks again my friend.

FF

f-bomb said:
screw the online courses...

find out your states laws and requirements on it.

go to an actual seminar, which will complete the required hours of training...

for example... http://www.bounty-hunter.net/seminars.htm

there are others... but dont go for the online material crap. most likely, your state wont take it seriously.

also, as mossy said... go talk to some of the local Bondsmen, they can point you in the right direction as well.

but when you do... dont say "bounty hunter"... most dont really like that name and consider it an insult.

"Bail enforcement agent" or "fugitive recovery agent". these are the two "proper" names.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Well bro I want to say good for you but at the same time I worry about a friend putting himself in harms way. Thats a pretty little girl in that picture in your signature. You do what you have to do and FWIW I'll stand behind ya, just be careful :wink:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks brother. The concern will always be there. But being able to put the bad guys away and help the ones that want help will in return help me!!! Plus the hunt will keep me busy, and a challenge I have always been up for a good challenge. But you are right, I do have a family. But then so do all LE/Military. Just my was of helping out brother! 8)

tigs40cal said:
Well bro I want to say good for you but at the same time I worry about a friend putting himself in harms way. Thats a pretty little girl in that picture in your signature. You do what you have to do and FWIW I'll stand behind ya, just be careful :wink:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The only two I've met (socially) - twenty something years ago were huge. Best of luck to ya but that's a risky life.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
TAC said:
If I was about half my age I'd consider giving that a try! Watch your back.

LOL, me too , hey we could have our own show 'THE TWO OLD FARTS WITH GUNS COMING AFTER YOU'

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LoL

tigs40cal said:
[quote name='TAC']If I was about half my age I'd consider giving that a try! Watch your back.

LOL, me too , hey we could have our own show 'THE TWO OLD FARTS WITH GUNS COMING AFTER YOU'
[/quote]

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LoL

tigs40cal said:
[quote name='TAC']If I was about half my age I'd consider giving that a try! Watch your back.

[/quote]

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Who says size has anything to do with it? Thanks for the wishes........

sholling said:
The only two I've met (socially) - twenty something years ago were huge. Best of luck to ya but that's a risky life.

·
Registered
380 Posts
although you do have to watch out for the unexpected...

most of the time, it's a reletively safe job. most BEA agents I've met through my life, can manage to be cool on the phone, explain the situation and consequences, and 100% cooperation.

you may eventually run into that occasional buttmunch that wants to get hostile... so, yeah, keep your eyes open.

fyi... in most states, your ccw license dosent allow you to carry while doing that. find out, and if not, get a state license to be allowed to.

we had a guy here that got royally farked by the court system...

he was going in on a fugitive, at the man's home... the guy pulled a gun, so the BEA agent fired on him.

he argued in court that he fired in defense, because a gun was pulled on him.

the court ruled that the ccw license is for personal defense... however, he went to the man's home, therefore making HIM the aggressor.

messed up, i know... but find these things out first.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trust me I will brother :wink: Last thing I would want is to get FUBAR and hang my butt in court for no following state and federal laws! I will be contacting a couple local BEA's to get it all broke down for me, and what proper steps need to be taken to do this correctly. All I want to do is keep the criminals off the streets, and help ones that want to change there life around, dont let me hunt your azz twice though....lol

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my thread.

God Bless

FF

f-bomb said:
although you do have to watch out for the unexpected...

most of the time, it's a reletively safe job. most BEA agents I've met through my life, can manage to be cool on the phone, explain the situation and consequences, and 100% cooperation.

you may eventually run into that occasional buttmunch that wants to get hostile... so, yeah, keep your eyes open.

fyi... in most states, your ccw license dosent allow you to carry while doing that. find out, and if not, get a state license to be allowed to.

we had a guy here that got royally farked by the court system...

he was going in on a fugitive, at the man's home... the guy pulled a gun, so the BEA agent fired on him.

he argued in court that he fired in defense, because a gun was pulled on him.

the court ruled that the ccw license is for personal defense... however, he went to the man's home, therefore making HIM the aggressor.

messed up, i know... but find these things out first.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Keep in mind, the people you are going to find, and put handcuffs on, are Known Fellons. They have already skipped out on there bail, cause they do not want to go to prison, or back to prison. Alot of them will do Anything to stay out of prison.

I wish you the best of luck, we do need BEA's out there to get these nasty people off out streets. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks brother. Someone has to do it :wink:

Emmett said:
Keep in mind, the people you are going to find, and put handcuffs on, are Known Fellons. They have already skipped out on there bail, cause they do not want to go to prison, or back to prison. Alot of them will do Anything to stay out of prison.

I wish you the best of luck, we do need BEA's out there to get these nasty people off out streets. Good luck to you.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts