MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have purchased the carry kit, which belt are you using with the blade-tech holster and double mag pouch? Do you like the belt? Pros? Cons? I should add that I am looking for one to use at the range for targets and for possibly using at IDPA and USPSA local events.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm not one of those but what you need is a good heavy "gun belt". Check on eBay for 1-1/2 Ross Gun leather, DeSantis, or Bianchi. Expect to pay $40-50. What you are looking for is support for the holster.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I use a Wilderness instructors belt, 1.5", 5-stitch -> http://tinyurl.com/3363ou

Good stiff belt. Infinitely adjustable as it doesn't have holes for the buckle. And I think they'll give you a small credit for reusing your existing buckle should you need to purchase a new belt in the future.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for the info.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
JoeM&P said:
Wilderness instructors belt-- I like the 5 stitch the best, it last a long time, supports the gear, and is comfortable

I have 2 Wilderness belts and they are awesome...

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had a gunbelt made by "the Beltman". http://www.thebeltman.net/ I have used a lot of Aerostitch stuff in the past and it is all top quality (I have Darien pants and use some of their straps, bags, etc...). I prefer leather belts though, and I liked the quality of the Beltman belt for about $60. It also seemed to be on the less expensive side for hand made leather belts.

I got mine in only about two weeks as well. It is working very well with the DeSantis OWB holster and the carry combo.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
365 Posts
Another vote for the Wilderness. I use the 1 3/4" belt which is the maximum size IDPA allows. It is my belt of choice now.

Take Care

Bob

·
Registered
280 Posts
I use a Galco "Cop Series" 1.5" black leather belt for all of my holsters. It's sturdy, stiff enough, and it even looks good when I am wearing it with a suit and tie

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you prefer leather, another choice is Looper Leather http://www.looperleather.com. They make a simple, sturdy belt that is available with a plastic insert for $30 the last time I checked. It looks like a regular belt, but supports a full size gun, two spare mags and a flashlight (the most I've tried it with) with no problem and no sag.

I've got two Wilderness belts, and they work well too, but look funny with dress slacks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like the Dillon belt - it is strong and designed from the start to support a holster. I have a 1-1/4 that works well with casual clothes (doesn't scream gun belt) and a 1-1/2 belt for OWB use in classes. Both are black leather with brass color buckles. The wife even approves of how it looks. As a bonus, you get the Blue Press every month!

M_P

1 - 13 of 13 Posts