MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine likes Beretta M-9s for some odd reason...I have to admit the M9A1 is an improvement over previous models and thats what he needs a trigger job on. But he is not able to find anyone good since Langdon doesn't do them anymore. Can someone recommend a gunsmith for Beretta trigger jobs? He really wants to reduce that first pull DA and smooth out the trigger stroke in general.

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
if i recall...on berettaforum.net, there was a string about trigger spring replacement that made the DA pull much smoother. They called it a D type spring made by beretta i believe. i had some minor work done by beretta on my px4 .40 storm and beretta cs and gunsmiths did great work.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked on the forum and boy there is not a lot of traffic there. I assume because the pistols are not all that popular these days. AR15.com's beretta forum actually was better.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The D spring isn't a trigger spring. It's the mainspring for the DAO version of the B92/96. It does reduce the double action trigger pull considerably, and doesn't compromise reliablility. It's the easiest and cheapest fix known to man...well, close, anyway.
It didn't do anything noticeable for the single action on mine, though.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had read in one of the gun periodicals that a quick fix is replacing the Beretta trigger spring

with an M1911 trigger spring. The author in this article went on to say that LAPD armorers

have done this with good results.

I would be hesitant to do this myself, but a gunsmith should be able to tell you if this works

reliably. Of course, if you use the weapon for LE or personal defense, civil liability is an

issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts