MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put one of these on layaway after doing alot of reading on it. I hear it's supposed to be a pretty good pocket gun. I was looking for something smaller then my MP40 fullsize as a backup or just for the heck of it because I couldn't resist. I didn't mean to get it. I just walked in to the shop for some ammo and the guy asked me what can I put in your hands today. at first I told him "NOTHING" and laughed, then he told me I saw you looking at this and he handed it to me. It felt really comfortable, I gave it back and told him maybe next time. He said some horrible words to me, He said "you can put it on layaway" and I said really. Well,I paid for my ammo, made it to the car and then walked right back in there and did it to myself. So I figure I'll have it in about a month or so. I would like to hear from those of you who have one or any experiences with them, whether good or bad. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply Chooch. As I see you as one of the more experienced and helpful members here, I really appreciate your input. :wink: Now I said pocket gun but I did mean jacket pocket, which I tried it and it fit well. The main reason for the purchase was just to have something new. You know, tis the season and all.
The one I put on layaway is the blued one. Maybe one day I'll have it recoated in a nickle. A few weeks ago they had a duotone one but when I went yesterday they only had the blue which is fine for now as I am starting to miss the balck finish on my now blasted MP40. Can you tell me what yours went back for? Will a fluff and buff after a few hundred rounds make it more reliable?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The main reason I am purchasing it is not really for pocket carry, it's just I wanted another hand gun and the price really fit my budget right now.Meaning my wife won't want to beat me with it. I have read alot of good reviews on it and that helped me with my decision. I really like the look and feel of it. It will mainly stay in the nightstand and maybe my old lady's purse. Something else to take to the range when I go with my wife. I did not realize until last night that the ammo for this thing is more expensive than ammo for my .40. Well we will see in a couple of weeks how she does. In the mean time any more info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, keep 'em coming. I'll let you know what I think about it when i finish paying for it in a couple of weeks.
Do any of you know how the alloy frame will hold up to media blast ? I chose not to get th duo-tone, and got the matte black but had an idea to blast a few parts after some signs of wear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.