MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the best AR lower?

Does anyone have any experience with the DSA lower?

I know this is an M&P pistol forum, but you all obviously have excellent taste in firearms because you chose the M&P. So I just want to know your opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Colt, LMT, Noveske Rifleworks (good luck getting any of these, but they are all well worth the price)

Stag arms, IIRC is all milspec as well.

Armalite, Bushmaster, Rock River and so on can be great, but they can also be awful.

My Bushmaster for example was awful... at least till I gutted it and replaced everything with milspec parts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The DSA lower is excellent. It is built by LMT.

Colt, Stag, RRA, S&W, Noveske, Wilson, and others are all built by CMT. These are usually excellent also.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Check out "Superior Arms"

It is an Iowa company and they have a nice feature of a set screw to adjust the trigger take up so you can give your AR a nice short trigger pull

I've got one with a Model 1 kit (C.A.R.) and it is working beautifully

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
DSA lowers are very nice and as already mentioned they are made by LMT.

Any of the lowers mentioned above are fine. As far as value goes Superior Arms are some of my favorites but I wouldn't pass on any of the above. One thing to keep in mind is that the Colt lowers use .177" trigger and hammer pins while all the others use .155" so keep that in mind when looking for a lower parts kit or an aftermarket trigger group.

I have or have built just about all the lowers posted in this thread and I've rarely had a problem. All lowers come from a couple of places so pick one and concentrate on the internals.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Forged lowers such as LMT, RRA, DSA etc. are all good quality lowers. If you want a Noveske, I believe they have some available now with NO trigger and NO stock. If you really want to go overboard, look at the POF billet lowers and match it up to a LaRue or Vltor billet upper receiver. I believe MagPul and LaRue tactical both have billet lowers coming to the market sooner or later.

*ETA: Noveske has about 40 lowers left here: http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcar...m_id=n4lowerpic

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Stag Arms is incredibly popular these days.

I'm hearing that the rumors of another assault weapons bill has caused another rush on AR's and parts, including lowers, they are hard to find right now.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks YukonGlocker. I ordered a DSA AR lower yesterday. My brother has a DSA FN FAL and it's a nice gun. Everyone says DSA makes the best FAL out there. But that's like being the prettiest waitress at Denny's, it may be true but it doesn't necessarily mean much. DSA makes the ONLY FAL out there (practically).

Tons of companies market AR's (although it looks like they are all manufactured my a handful of companies). It's easy to find out about RRA, Stag, Colt, Bushmaster, DPSM, etc. It's harder to find out about smaller companies like DSA. So thank you.

In about 6 months, my DSA lower will be mated with a GG&G upper. I think it will be a match made in heaven.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Did you buy a complete lower?

Where did you order it from?

How much?

I'm asking b/c I need to buy another one also. I'm thinking about getting a LMT with the SOPMOD stock; but I would buy a DSA if the price was right.

The DSA FALs are excellent, especially the SA58. I had a SA58; and I really miss that gun.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DSA complete assembled lower: DPMS parts kit and T6 stock for $235 off gunbroker (not a great deal, but fair I think). The guy's user name is moss158. He said he has stripped lowers, complete lowers and accessories from several manufacturers in stock if I was interrested. He seems like a good guy. He's right on top of getting back to you quickly. I just sent my stuff off yesterday, so I don't know how reliable he is yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts