MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have decided to trade my mp9 off this weekend, i love this gun as the ergos and the accuracy of this gun is excelent, my biggest problem with the gun is it is a little to big to concel, i am a big man, and have never had a problem hiding other guns of similar size(xd40 service), and i know that i could just a compact mp, however i really like the mid sized guns (glock19-ish) so i have desided to pick up a h&k p2000 in 9mm, if anyone has a suggestion on how to better hide this gun would help, and i already have a very good gun belt and have tried 3 differnt iwb holsters.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I generally have a very small number of guns at a time as I can't really afford to buy more. I end up having to sell one to get another one.

So I have had 2 guns that I have sold that I wish I still had. A Ruger SP101 (2") and one of the original XD9's an HS2000.

Ron

E

·
0 Posts
Sounds like you just needed a compact. Thay's that the compact version is for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had good luck with the Galco concealed carry owb holster's. I am 6 ft about 200 lbs and can easily hide my m&p 40 full size, or a Colt commander 1911 with these holsters while wearing a T-shirt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ive found the compact to be the perfect carry gun for me....at 6'6 350 I am not a small guy (you can picture my hands)....and I have always had an issue with the compact guns being too small...the MP compact with the mag with the extension on it is perfect for me....that is what I would do if I were you....

just food for thought...

·
Registered
46 Posts
CZ75B. Extremely accurate and fun to shoot. No malfunctions of any kind. I traded this for a Beneli Nova. I use the Nova tons more than I used the CZ. I guess having a good meat gun was more important than a pistol.

·
Registered
264 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
Which holsters did you try?

A very big 1+ on this question. A quality holster makes a world of difference in how comfortable and concealable a gun can be. Just as an example I am 5'6" (with shoes on) and sadly weigh in at around 195 now days. To date, using a good holster and gun belt I have successfully carried a USP45F, USP45C, various Government 1911's, various Commander size 1911's, P99, G19, XD-45 and will soon add my new MP9. All these have gone IWB in Texas summers with nothing more covering them than T-shirts or untucked shirts. The only gun I couldnt conceal to date was a Makarov, and that was due to the cheap Uncle Mike's holster I was using.

Before you go trading a gun that you like, you may want to try different holsters and or different carry positions to see what suits your body and life style.

·
Registered
111 Posts
tnnick said:
i know that i could just a compact mp, however i really like the mid sized guns (glock19-ish)
The glock 19 is 0.15" longer (less than 4mm) and 0.7" taller than the M&P9c. If concealment is your biggest concern, I would think the M&P9c would be a great option for you. Maybe you envision the grip being too short? I'm not sure, but I think the grip measurement by S&W of the compact is when using the short base (not with the pinky extension).

I can't comment on the p2000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
re holster

I tried several holsters IWB OSWB, and found a cheap all nylon pancake did the job for me and gun (M&P 40 full size) comes out very quickly when I want it to. the pancake conforms very well to your body and keeps grip close to body, just a shirt that covers it will do the trick.......carries more comfortable than my Kahr 45 in a quality IWB holster

1 - 16 of 16 Posts