MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel pretty confident with my IWB holster, but really need a solid OWB for my Shield. I'm a minimalist, so the slimmer (and smaller) the better. I also have an important caveat...

I live in Illinois, and while CCW is now legal with a permit, the limitations force me to do a lot of removing my sidearm from my person. For that reason, anything that you loop your belt through isn't going to work. Consequently, I'l really hoping you can provide pics of your favorite paddle OWB holster...

or at the very least, recommend a slim, minimal, easily concealable, OWB holster.

Aaaaaaaand go!

P.S. Thank you!

·
Registered
490 Posts
While you would have to undo your belt to remove it. I think a leather OWB Pancake holster one of the most concealable and comfortable OWB holsters out there. I have a Winthrop like this:

Custom Smith & Wesson M&P Shield OWB w/Bodyshield Holster

Very comfortable and fits like a glove. Only $50 and readily available. Also holds the shield very close to the body. Only drawback is there is no reinforcement at the top so the mouth can collapse if there is no gun in it making one handed reholstering difficult. I also have one of these on order but they are $100 and take about 3 months. The Winthrop will suffice until then.

Predator Pancake Leather Holster | Wright Leather Works LLC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone tried carrying a shield in a wallet holster? I know that Talon makes one for cargo pockets. I got the measurements from them and determined that it will fit in the back pocket of a pair of jeans. I currently carry a bodyguard that way.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Has anyone tried carrying a shield in a wallet holster? I know that Talon makes one for cargo pockets. I got the measurements from them and determined that it will fit in the back pocket of a pair of jeans. I currently carry a bodyguard that way.
I carry mine occasionally in a De Santis Super Fly that jasonuscg recommended.

The Shield is a little big for pocket carry, but it does work for me from time to time.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I feel pretty confident with my IWB holster, but really need a solid OWB for my Shield. I'm a minimalist, so the slimmer (and smaller) the better. I also have an important caveat...

I live in Illinois, and while CCW is now legal with a permit, the limitations force me to do a lot of removing my sidearm from my person. For that reason, anything that you loop your belt through isn't going to work. Consequently, I'l really hoping you can provide pics of your favorite paddle OWB holster...

or at the very least, recommend a slim, minimal, easily concealable, OWB holster.

Aaaaaaaand go!

P.S. Thank you!
I'm here in IL too and have the same easy-on and easy-off requirements for dealing with GFZs. I personally prefer a clip-on IWB for everyday carry (PJ Holsters in my case), but I also have OWBs for most of my guns.

I prefer Safariland ALS holsters for OWB, but they aren't as concealable as a pancake. Most paddles I've owned or tried aren't the easiest thing in the world to put on or take off while seated in the car.

One OWB holster I've considered for my larger guns that might get carried is something like a Simply Rugged with their Versa-clips mounted to the *backside* of the holster to make it into a low profile clip-on pancake. I haven't tried this, but something similar may be worth considering.

Simply Rugged Holsters ? Holsters, Gun Belts, Ammo Pouches and Accessories

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm here in IL too and have the same easy-on and easy-off requirements for dealing with GFZs. I personally prefer a clip-on IWB for everyday carry (PJ Holsters in my case), but I also have OWBs for most of my guns.

I prefer Safariland ALS holsters for OWB, but they aren't as concealable as a pancake. Most paddles I've owned or tried aren't the easiest thing in the world to put on or take off while seated in the car.

One OWB holster I've considered for my larger guns that might get carried is something like a Simply Rugged with their Versa-clips mounted to the *backside* of the holster to make it into a low profile clip-on pancake. I haven't tried this, but something similar may be worth considering.

Simply Rugged Holsters ? Holsters, Gun Belts, Ammo Pouches and Accessories
I ended up ordering a standard kydex holster with hard loops, but will try running some snap soft loops. From my research (and the responses to this post) I think a paddle will ride too far off of my body.

Since the law states "...fully concealed or partially concealed on or about your person," I'm really only looking to use this holster when I can't use my IWB holster. I don't mind showing the bottom of the holster, just want to have the grip side flush against my body so I can get away with wearing Ts in the summer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Shield (w/ LaserMax) fits nicely in a Tagua Sport Remora RE-2A Pocket Holster. Shield is a little big but Slim is SLIM.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts