MP-Pistol Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have close to 250 rounds thru each of the beta test mags with no problems of any type. So far, I like them better than the stock mags.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I have close to 250 rounds thru each of the beta test mags with no problems of any type. So far, I like them better than the stock mags.
I suppose they’re better than the OEM mags, as I had a few functional issues with the pistol when it and the stock mags were new the first couple of range trips.

The CMI mags have been flawless ever since my first outing with them, as noted above.

They certainly look nicer than the OEM mags, anyway! :)

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
About 3000 rounds through each magazine, as of yesterday. Frankly, forgot we were beta testing. Operation has been flawless in original configuration.

Reactions: CMI and RobzGunz

·
Registered
94 Posts
i got just over 300 rounds thru each of them. still have the same problem with one of the 7 rounders. 7th round fetches us pretty good. i have not taken it apart and checked if there is a bur from the model on the plastic follower.

·
Registered
690 Posts
12 weeks into it now and no malfunctions at all.
I've been shooting weekly, 50 rounds per mag, per range visit, so 600 rounds per mag.

Like most mags, the 7-round mags were tough to get that 7th round into, but (better than the factory mags) got easier to hand load by the 3rd range trip. No need for an UpLula. :)

As noted in earlier posts, full mags easily seat and lock in with the slide closed (not so with factory mags using factory spring sets).

I've seen posts about other brands of mags, where the shooter was at the range, dropped his/her mag and the base plate broke, sending rounds everywhere. Has anyone tried a 'Drop Test' yet? I have not, but may try it (on my front porch) when closer to the end of the test.

Someone early on, mentioned concern about the seams. So far, they seem to be doing fine. No signs of stress. Perhaps another function of a drop test? :)

Good to hear that everyone is enjoying them as much as I do.

Reactions: CMI

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
My report is going out to CMI in tomorrow’s mail.

Since I pretty much took the last 10 months off from shooting to raise/train a new puppy (blue heeler), I didn’t get as many rounds through the mags as I normally would have.

However, in addition to the shooting we did at camp that I noted in a previous post, I was able to use them in two weekly IDPA practices, and shot a BUG match with them yesterday.

All told, a total of 540 rounds of 115gr ball, and 115gr JHP.

All mags performed flawlessly; no loading problems, all fed ammo smoothly, and all locked the slide to the rear after the last round in the mag was fired.

I’ll have no reservations about recommending them to anyone when CMI releases them. As a matter of fact, I’m using the two eight rounders for EDC.

Everyone I’ve showed the CMI mags to has asked when they’ll be available for purchase, and how much they’ll cost. All also remarked that they look better than the OEM Shield mags.

I think CMI has a winner in these Shield mags!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Wow... End time crept up on me.
16 weekly outings x 50 rounds per mag = 800 rounds per mag.
Tomorrow I'll do a 'drop test' with both an empty mag and a full mag, to see if they hold together when either accidentally dropped from bench height, or ejected to the ground during tactical/emergency reload.

Reactions: Rick M

·
Registered
690 Posts
Did one last range trip today and as usual... absolutely no mag related issues.
I did a drop test on one of the 7 round mags and one of the 8 round mags.
Fully loaded, dropped three times each from 4ft onto cement: No signs of any damage. I can't even see any signs of scuffing. Nice!

Unless someone else has had any issues, I'll be looking forward to seeing these hit the market.

·
Registered
94 Posts
only issued i had was one of the 7 rounders. The follower fetches up pretty bad. it kinda came out of it. not stopped, just got easier over time. all the others were like butter.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Has everyone sent in their reports? Has anyone heard back, saying they had received your report, saying 'thanks for your input', etc.? I sent both a hard copy and as an email, but haven't heard back.
Just checking,
Rob

PS: I've taken the Pearce Grip extensions off my Factory mags, moved them to my 7-round mags and am using the CMI mags for carry now.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Has everyone sent in their reports? Has anyone heard back, saying they had received your report, saying 'thanks for your input', etc.? I sent both a hard copy and as an email, but haven't heard back.
Just checking,
Rob

PS: I've taken the Pearce Grip extensions off my Factory mags, moved them to my 7-round mags and am using the CMI mags for carry now.
My report went out snail mail on May 21st.

I haven’t heard anything back as yet, but I don’t know that a response from CMI is really necessary, anyway.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Did anyone hear anything back after sending them in?
No, but I really didn’t expect to, as I experienced no problems with any of the mags I received during the testing.

Now if someone had experienced functional issues with their mags, I expect that CMI would want those mags back to determine what the problems were.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I`ve contacted them last month, i have never heard anything back from them.
Think i might just box them back up in the box they arrived in, send`em back.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I received an email from FedEx today, saying that I have a package being delivered next Monday. I looked at the details and it's something coming from CMI.

I haven't heard from them since the Beta-Test ended and I haven't ordered anything from them. It has me wondering what it might be.
Interesting.

Reactions: CMI

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I received an email from FedEx today, saying that I have a package being delivered next Monday. I looked at the details and it's something coming from CMI.

I haven't heard from them since the Beta-Test ended and I haven't ordered anything from them. It has me wondering what it might be.
Interesting.
Same here.

Don’t know if it’ll be a hat, tee shirt, or return shipping materials for the mags.

Whatever it is, it’s supposed to arrive on Monday the 13th.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Same here, package says 1 lbs, so not sure what it could be. Hoping some full size mags to try out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't think it would be a T shirt, they would need a size. and i was never asked what size i was.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Probably a box being sent to us to send all the beta test mags back to them. If it is, i`ll send them the mags back. They aren`t mine anyway, so....

41 - 60 of 85 Posts