MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has heard of Bianchi producing a duty holster for the M&P?

I believe I read someplace that a Accumold Elite for a Glock 21 will fit the M&P anyone else hear this?

I Carry an Accumold Elite with the paddle thumb release on my 229 Sig and love the holster don't know much on the Safariland ALS but seems as too many things to do to access the firearm. The Accumold elites are simple , shooting hand thumb hits the snap releasing and while continuing to grab the pistol your thumb naturaly hits the paddle release to unlock the pistol from the holster.

Can you guys advise how the ALS system works? We need to find a good duty holster for our department and we may be limited to the ALS series.

Regards

Terry

·
Registered
757 Posts
There are a couple of documented cases of the thumb break of the Accumold actuating the trigger on Glocks. The results were exciting. Since the M&P has a similar firing system, I'd avoid that brand/model of holster-or any other with that type of retention system.

We went with the Safariland 6280 made specifically for the M&P using the SLS system and have been very happy with it. You do have to keep an eye on the hood if you carry equipment on the torso above the holster. It can release the hood. Make sure the belt loop supplied fits the duty belt, there are 2 inch belt loops (UBL) available, the adapter to make a 2 1/4 loop fit the 2 inch belt isn't worth the $3.

The ALS strikes me as too complex also, especially with winter gloves. If someone is fixated on Bianchi, advise them that Safariland owns Bianchi.

·
Registered
168 Posts
To be clear, S'land has the SLS (rotating hood) and the ALS which locks in the ejection port and is released by the thumb similar to a thumbbreak; they also offer holsters with both systems and then there is the hood that covers the SLS release mechanism.

I run a straight ALS holster concealed on duty. This system is surprisingly secure and VERY fast. I have not found the training curve to be all that steep; then again, I do in fact train. I agree that the SLS/ALS rig has a lot going on. That training curve is likely to be steep, but you would have a sure enough secure firearm.

As an aside, Bianchi lost me with their Carrylock "concealment" holster. That particular model of holster has a glaring and stunning weakness in terms of retention. An inquiry to Bianchi yielded a reply of "We know. Your concealment garment is an element of retention." So much for the "lok" part of the holster. A Bianchi was my first duty holster - the Carrylock was my last Bianchi holster.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I work in a city where my pistol seems to jump from the holster to my hand about once a week. I draw my weapon all the time under calm situations... you know, before entering a building to do a search... but I end up drawing under stress all the time. I wear gloves while on duty (Damascus search lined and unlined).

My department issues the M&P9 and the Safariland Model 6360 ALS™ Level II Plus.

I can assure you that this system is FAST. It's easy to learn and with a little practice (2 good draws before every shift) you can gain muscle memory fast. I love this hoslter... it's the easiest system I have ever used that provides serious grab protection.

The only bad side is that someone who knows how to operate the holster can make a grab from behind. Its importaint... as with all duty holsters to practice good weapon retention.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are going to the 6360, had a few sent to us for T&E and I did like it. thanks for all the good feedback! Vest up and stay safe!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bianchi holster for Glock will NOT fit the M&P

I am in love with the Bianchi SpeedBreak holster. However, after recently acquiring a M&P, I was disappointment to see Bianchi not only doesn't make the SpeedBreak holster for the M&P, but doesn't make any Accumold Elite holsters for the M&P. I did try to order the Speedbreak for the Glock 21 because I heard its the same size but it does not fit the same.

For now, I order the Safariland 6360 after hearing raves about it from Columbus and Cincinnati police officers after they were recently issued the new M&P's. But I also wonder while I'm hearing these raves, "but have you ever used a Bianchi SpeedBreak holster?"

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried the speedbreak holsters and do like them very much, I started carrying my new Safariland last week and I do like it and it's retention level, still awaiting shipment for the rest of the department though, seems Safariland is backed up in production and stock is limited, had the guns almost 3 weeks prior to receiving holsters, this is BS in my opinion these holster companies need to get their head out of their ass's and see that this is going to be a popular pistol and start producing different versions of holsters to fit the M&P line. I don't like be forced to use one manufacturer even though the product is good I would have liked to have the same style holster that I have been carrying for the last few years and that would be the Banchi accumold elite.

The 6360 is a good holster as long as you drill with it to gain muscle memory, I have no real complaints but I can see an issue if trying to remove under stress or trying to remove at some what of an angle. Other than that I would recommend it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does any one know of ANY style or maker that offers Level III holster for the .40 & .45?? My Department's policy is we must have Level III for uniform duty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts