MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wearing 2X glove size hands but in some strange way, I'm thinking the small grip might work better for me. Why? I can get a better high grip quicker with that option. The large grip adaptor seems a little thin under the beavertail. Opinions?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
also wear 2x gloves.

I tried all three grip adapters. Small had a tendency for the muzzle to consntantly be tilted down ever so slightly when drawing to natural point of aim. Hits on target when trying it out at speed seemed to confirm the issue. Medium wasn't as bad, and might be usabble now that I have atrigger job. Large seem to be doing the job though provided I get a good grip on the draw.

But I do know what you mean about the small insert being oddly attractive. You grab it and you hand feels planeted there up high. Everyone is built a little different. Can't hurt to give it a try.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Labels are just that, use the size that is most comfortable to YOU!

·
Registered
206 Posts
G56 said:

I agree.. I started off shooting with the small grip.. I was all over the place.. I was getting frustrated.. Switched to the medium, my groups improved dramatically.. Went to the large, my groups got really tight.. I personally would take about 250 or so rounds to the range and shoot some with each back strap until you find one that really works for you.. Beside feeling comfortable in your hands, it should also feel comfortable to shoot...

Ben

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with what everybody is saying. It all depends on the feel. I too have a giant mit but along with a large hand, I tend to have a beefy palm that tends no to work so well with the large palm swell. The small is exactly that....Small. My choice has been the medium size and it feels great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have big hands too. The large grip is too big for my comfort. Currently I can't decide between the small and medium grip, they both feel/shoot nice. I'll probably stick with the medium, but who knows.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmmm. Buy an extra and shape it to fit?

I have huge hands and use the large. I wish they made a bigger one, something that would get my hand further back and put the pad of my finger on the trigger instead of the joint.

Gringop

·
Registered
159 Posts
This isn't that unusual. In baseball many hitters with huge hands prefer bats with thin grips and visa versa. I have long skinny fingers so guns like the Glock 21 fit my hands better than the thinner gripped guns. I've only tried the medium grip on the M&P and it felt good but I think the larger one will be even better.

·
Registered
464 Posts
G56 said:

Bang! Right on the head.

Look at 50 shooters, see 50 different ways. It's all about you. There is no 'wrong'

·
Registered
86 Posts
Puffy said:
[quote name='G56']Labels are just that, use the size that is most comfortable to YOU!

Bang! Right on the head.

Look at 50 shooters, see 50 different ways. It's all about you. There is no 'wrong'[/quote]

Agreed! I have small hands and prefer the small insert although I can handle the medium with no problem as well. The large simply feels too big for me.

It is interesting that the MP 45 (w/ small insert) feels too big for me however the Glock 21SF does not. I expected it to be the other way around since the M&P is more ergonomic than the Glock design and it has 10 rounds versus 13. It is what it is I suppose.

MB

·
Registered
52 Posts
My biggest problem is that I do not get tight contact area on the right side of the grip--regardless of which size I use. It does not seem to affect accuracy though.

My CZ fits on the side better due to design.

·
Registered
159 Posts
CLB said:
My biggest problem is that I do not get tight contact area on the right side of the grip--regardless of which size I use. It does not seem to affect accuracy though.

My CZ fits on the side better due to design.

I have the same problem with my G19. I'm left-handed and I don't really get good contact on the left-side of the grip when I hold the gun. I blame that on my hands not fitting the square angles of the Glock grip though. If I put a Hogue on it it fills my hands out much better but then my grip tends to want to be lower instead of right up under the tang.

The medium and large grips on the M&P allow the gun to fit much nicer in my hand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried all three grips before I actually shot my MP45 and settled on the small as the most comfortable. I was a little surprised since my hands are not small and for my Walther P99s I use the medium grip backstrap. At the first shoot with the MP, my groups were really tight, I'll be leaving the small grips on there unless something changes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts