1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
OUCH

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
One of the main things I've learned in investing...don't get wrapped up in little glitches, it's the long term that really counts.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
G56 said:
One of the main things I've learned in investing...don't get wrapped up in little glitches, it's the long term that really counts.

That, and don't invest if you don't have the money to lose.

If you can't see throwing away the money you wanted to invest, then don't do it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
looking at a 5 yr chart shows support at the $10 level. so from todays price it could go lower, but odds are better for it to climb back up.

i bought some @ 12.05 yesterday just off the low of 11.98. looking for 14 in the short term. and a break out above 15 on good volume will be the cats meow.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Well lets see. S&W is doing well and making money.

Analysts say they SHOULD be making $0.12 and they say they will be making $0.06.

So they sell and drive the stock price down.

S&W is announcing free mags plus $50 rebates (at least according to what some people here are saying).

Sounds to me like S&W is taking a hit in order to provide purchase promotions, and likely to build inventory. At the same time they drive the stock down.

I smell stock buyback in the offing personally. Followed up by cutting of product lines (already really planned, but will be spun more to return profitability), and the stock going back up somewhat.

At that point, with reduced capitalization, it should be able to support somewhat higher prices.

Just a guess though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts