MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and now I can actually focus on the front sight

I was re-acquiring the sight picture much more quickly without those rear dots confusing me!

on my last target at 50 feet (8" I think) I kept 35 rounds all on the target and I wasn't taking my time. I was pretty much firing as soon as I had a decent site picture back

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
been there, done that. It doesn't workout well in varied lighting for me. I cans till see all the surface detail.

Got dan's sight. DEcided the forward cant to the rear sight blade and serrations was not for me, as well as the sharpness. So gott a warren tactical after meeting one in the flesh.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I did the Sharpie thing today...it will have to work until I can afford to send my M&P into Bowie and get XS sights installed as well as a trigger job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
raz-0 said:
been there, done that. It doesn't workout well in varied lighting for me. I cans till see all the surface detail.

Got dan's sight. DEcided the forward cant to the rear sight blade and serrations was not for me, as well as the sharpness. So gott a warren tactical after meeting one in the flesh.

What do you think of the Warren tactical after shooting with it? Do you still have the factory front sight as well?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
shep said:
What do you think of the Warren tactical after shooting with it? Do you still have the factory front sight as well?

I have a fiber optic front sight, but the warren would probably work very well with the factory front or a tritium front at stock dimensions. With the U-notch, you basically either get a nice clean sight picture with the sharp points of the u lined up with the sharp points of the front, or you go for a faster sight picture and basically center the front dot in the U like a ghost ring sight. The stock front dot should be a good fit for that.

As for the sight, I've always been a fan of pyramid/truncated corner sights, and it fits the bill there. When getting a fast sight picture that I don't get spot on, I tend to have two modes... straighten it ou, or try to peek around. pyramid sights help me avoid the peek around the sight syndrome. The corners are all radiused funky so that the only sharp corners are at the top of the U.

It also does not tear up your arm/clothes while wearing it in a holster.

The canted back at an angle setup is the right thing. The canted forward sights catch WAY too much light on the surface and are almost as distracting as factory. Once you bang them around and expose any unfinished metal, they are REALLY distracting. The rearward cant really helps here.

As for the flat finish? I dunno. It's definitely not distracting. I don't dislike it. It's just hard to say if it is a notable positive feature.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I was pretty surprised how much of a difference it made when I blacked out the rear two dots. Much faster and better front sight picture!! This led me to purchasing the rear Warren Tactical sight and the S&W Trijicon front sight. I like it!

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts