MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I called checking on my replacement today, and it is still 30-45 days out. I shipped mine on Dec. 7th, talk about a fiasco of a recall. Definitely my last Blackhawk product.

·
Registered
308 Posts
gtmtnbiker98 said:
I called checking on my replacement today, and it is still 30-45 days out. I shipped mine on Dec. 7th, talk about a fiasco of a recall. Definitely my last Blackhawk product.

Haven't sent mine back yet. I like the holster, suits my purpose perfectly. Just gonna watch when I holster the pistol...

Sux to hafta wait that long.

·
Registered
231 Posts
So, do u have to send them in or can u do a direct exchange at the place you purchased?

I really dont want to be without for 8 weeks.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
the new holster isn't ready yet, so you'll have to send it in and wait. I'm just going to buy a blade tech and call it a day.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You have to call Black Hawk customer service, get an RMA and send your old holster to North Carolina. Then, customer service puts you on a mailing list to receive the new holster once they are finished reinventing the wheel. This is really giving me a bad taste and I'll pass on Black Hawk products for future purchases, that's for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I look at it as... At leat they are doing something about it. I have used alot of blackhawk products and some are great and some could be great. But just like everything else that have some stuff that is good and some stuff that is garbage IMO.

I have seen a fall in the product they made in the past to todays products???? I guess thats what happens when you become a big Corp......

·
Registered
176 Posts
I mailed my Serpa to them on 12-27-07 so we will see how long it does take, they told me 6-8 weeks as well. :shock:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I took mine back to my dealer and will be getting something else. If you look around you'll see more and more ranges and courses banning the CQC Serpa. Not because of the recall issue but because of the use of the trigger finger to release the gun, and then it slipping into the trigger guard on the draw. This has been a huge issue apparently.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Slavex said:
I took mine back to my dealer and will be getting something else. If you look around you'll see more and more ranges and courses banning the CQC Serpa.

If you can cite any specific examples of this, I'd appreciate hearing them.

As for me, I'll be keeping my holster as it functions just fine.

--

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts