MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyne use the blackhawk cqc holster for the daily carry holster? What do you like and dislike about it?

I am thinking about getting one for my mp9 and mp45{some day}.

thanks

wendelin

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the comp tac allow the use of both the mp 9 and mp45?

Does anyone like the fobus holster?

I wold like to just buy one holster for both the mp 9 and 45 if possible.

thanks

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I own a CQC SERPA and, like choochboost, I cannot recommend it because of the locking mechanism. I will use it for a range holster but not for daily carry. Once I find a good daily carry holster for the M&P45, I will abandon the SERPA. If you are mandated to use it, that's one thing, but if you have any flexibility for choosing your holster, I'd look elsewhere.

Cheers,

Whisper

·
Registered
176 Posts
I carry the Blackhawk holster everyday and I happen to like the locking mechanism very much. I use the paddle option and it is easily disguised under a shirt. I have carried many different handguns in various holsters since the early 1990's and the blackhawk is my current favorite.

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it"

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sgt4474 said:
I carry the Blackhawk holster everyday and I happen to like the locking mechanism very much. I use the paddle option and it is easily disguised under a shirt. I have carried many different handguns in various holsters since the early 1990's and the blackhawk is my current favorite.

+1 I use the same holster w/ paddle on my MP9 and like it. The lock isnt bad once you figure it out. Definitely practice drawing out of it. I was trying to push down towards my feet to unluck it but you really push to the side you're facing to unlock it, with RH anyway.

The only other thing I dont like is that the front site usually scarthes the top of the holster, doesnt do anything to the site, at least I havent noticed any change, and it kinda rubs on the top of the slide. Other than I like it, it holds tight to my body, and its NOT coming off if someone were to just grab and pull it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have it and love the serpa lock, however, I do not use it as a daily carry holster. I find that it doesn't keep the gun close enough to my body and can be hard to conceal. It worked o.k. in the winter with heavy clothes/jackets, but not now in the summer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ditto to what dakotaman says...I like the holster, it just keeps the gun too far away from my hip. Leather is the way to go in the summertime.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I carried my M&P45 openly in my blackhawk cqc cf serpa last weekend. I liked it a lot. The lock was very easy and fast to disengage to draw the pistol out. All it required was a natural draw.

I could get my M&P45 out of that holster 5 times faster than my 9c out of my CTAC.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a safariland 3 way retention holster and during some extra training classes I was almost neck and neck when drawing against a fellow with a competition draw holster. With the proper practice there is nothing wrong with any straps on a holster. Go with what you are comfortable with and practice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Win,

I will say this, I just took the belt loop off the Serpa CQC holster and put the paddle on. Man, what a difference...it keeps the gun tucked right up against my side (I carry on the right with the cant all the way forward), even when I sit down or am driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Josh did you do this on a timer?

has anybody tried to do it with there support/weak hand only?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bought the CQC level 2 for my full size 40 and love it on the thigh rig. I don't have my CCW yet but I think that it sticks out too far to use as a conceal holster.

·
Registered
215 Posts
win said:
Does anyne use the blackhawk cqc holster for the daily carry holster? What do you like and dislike about it?

I am thinking about getting one for my mp9 and mp45{some day}.

thanks

wendelin

Yes it's very confortable

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I wear my serpa when I have my vest on, my iwb is too close and right underneath my vest. This makes it hard to grab and draw fast, so it helps to have some space.

I have gotten used to the locking mech with alot of practice and patience.

·
Registered
215 Posts
win said:
Will the comp tac allow the use of both the mp 9 and mp45?

Does anyone like the fobus holster?

I wold like to just buy one holster for both the mp 9 and 45 if possible.

thanks

Then the Blackhawk CQC (Close Quarters Concealment) is you Holster One holster Fits the 9 the 40 and 45 it also fits the Glock 20 and 21 it also fits my Glock 22.the model# is 410513BK-R for rightys and-L for leftys

·
Registered
39 Posts

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it"

I have the serpa and think it is great

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have one for my 642. I use it while I drive, in a crossdraw position. I use the paddle option. Not my favorite, but it works OK for what I need.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts