MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pics of me shooting the Steel Challenge yesterday at Blackwater.

We shot 7 stages of the National Steel Challenge, I used American Eagle 115gr FMJ, Dan Burwell rear sight, Speed Shooters Speciality fiber front sight, Wolff steel guide rod and 15lb spring for a Glock 17 and I did my own trigger.

For my 3rd match ever shooting the M&P9 I shot a score of 142.58

Showdown 18.98

Pendulum 24.12

Accelerator 19.61

Roundabout 17.77

Outer Limits 23.38

Speed Option 23.06

Smoke and Hope 15.66

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
m4arc said:
GotM4 - I'm going to run my new M&P at the January match. I'll see you there buddy!

Sweet. Don't forget your AR too. I think it's a side rifle match. It was about 30degrees there Jan. 06 when we shot and windy.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
gotm4 said:
[quote name='m4arc']GotM4 - I'm going to run my new M&P at the January match. I'll see you there buddy!

Sweet. Don't forget your AR too. I think it's a side rifle match. It was about 30degrees there Jan. 06 when we shot and windy.[/quote]

Roger. I've never been down there when they ran a carbine side match, what will I need as far as mags and ammo?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
m4arc said:
[quote name='gotm4'][quote name='m4arc']GotM4 - I'm going to run my new M&P at the January match. I'll see you there buddy!

Sweet. Don't forget your AR too. I think it's a side rifle match. It was about 30degrees there Jan. 06 when we shot and windy.[/quote]

Roger. I've never been down there when they ran a carbine side match, what will I need as far as mags and ammo?[/quote]

The last one was 30 rounds so you didn't even need a reload unless you took more than 1 extra shot. All targets were from about 25yds to 100yds IIRC.

·
Registered
422 Posts
sweet pics.

questions: why did you change the spring weight, and whats the factory weight? did it reduce the recoil?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nikon777 said:
sweet pics.

questions: why did you change the spring weight, and whats the factory weight? did it reduce the recoil?

Lighter recoil spring weights typically reduce recoil as it increases slide velocity and gets the recoil over faster. It works on the M&P very well.

I'm using a 13lb Wolff Glock 17 recoi spring and carbon steel rod. I may go to a tungsen rod and 11lb spring.

·
Registered
422 Posts
gotm4 said:
[quote name='nikon777']sweet pics.

Lighter recoil spring weights typically reduce recoil as it increases slide velocity and gets the recoil over faster. It works on the M&P very well.

I'm using a 13lb Wolff Glock 17 recoi spring and carbon steel rod. I may go to a tungsen rod and 11lb spring.[/quote]

arent you worried about increased frame battering/wear with the lighter weight springs?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2K rounds later it's not showing any signs of abnormal wear. I shoot standard pressure 9mm 115gr or subsonic 147gr ammo in my M&P9.

In my STI 2011 I use a 12.5lb ISMI recoil spring with 2 coils cut off and it has about 12K rounds through it and no abnormal wear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts