MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a review, so I thought I'd post up my thoughts...

Initial impressions: WOW. Great product at a even greater price.

I have one of their Kydex units in DOH-SR trim for my Witness, but I'm doing Production on the cheap, so I thought I'd try their Revo series for the M&P. The material is about the same thickness as their Kydex units, and is injection molded as a preformed sheet with 2 folding hinges. They fold it up and screw it together with their standard hardware and put a few rubber spacers in between to maintain tension. The resulting holster is very solid, and I can't see it wearing out, ever. The holster grips the gun by the trigger guard - depending on how tight you set it, the gun can wiggle just a bit. If you had it setup for carry, most/all of the movement would be eliminated.

For those that don't know - SSS has them with the DOH bracket, and that's the only place I've seen them offered that way.

It's seriously 90%+ as good as their Kydex holster's at less than half the price. I also think it's a bit prettier too
For $25-$30 depending on how you order it, you absolutely can't go wrong.

I'm also trying out their Revo series double mag pouches, but they're a bit tight so I'm letting them break in a bit...

Post up your thoughts if you've seen or used one.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

Krautwagen,

I have one of the Revolution holsters and use it at USPSA matches and it works great after you adjust the two screws to your own liking. You can order it with a paddle attachment or belt attachment. I prefer connecting the holster to the belt as I don't care for any slippage by using a paddle (just me). From what I have read, this holster is designed for the M&P so I have a good feeling about it.

The holster has a little sexy S&W logo on the side also to go a long with the pistol.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Thanks for the info! I think I'll be getting one for IDPA matches...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't have any experience with other holsters to compare the Blade Tech Revolution holster to but it has worked very well for me and I like it. I bought mine with the Sting Ray Belt loop attachment. I believe you can interchange the attachments if you find that you prefer one over any other (Sting Ray belt loop, Tek-Lok, Paddle, Dropped and Offset)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holster is still doing good.

After lots more dryfire practice, the trigger guard on the M&P is showing a bit of wear, but that is to be expected. My only issue is the "slop" I mentioned before. The pistol can move just tiny bit, but I am still running the holster a bit loose, and for $30 I can't complain too much. I wouldn't spend the extra $40 just to get rid of it, even knowing it was going to be there. If I wanted to get fancy, I would build up some material at the muzzle to take out the slop, but it really doesn't bother me at all.

The mag pouches - they're still mag pouches
I can't get too technical about them, as I haven't been using em
Getting more in the mood to do some dry practice, so I'll try an report back soon, thanks for the reminder.

-Dave

·
Registered
100 Posts
Krautwagen--

Who did you order the holster from and how much, if I might ask? I've been searching for a decent price/inexpensive holster and am not having any luck. I just want something to stuff the MP45 in for informal range work. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I purchased my holster and double mag pouch directly from Blade-Tech (blade-tech.com). Customer service was good and fast shipping. Holster was $24.95 and mag pouch was $19.99.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeff 9mm M&P said:
My universal adjustable double mag pouch in the picture is a Uncle Mikes made of kydex only costs me $15.99 through USA Midway. Cheapest I could find.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...&t=11082005

Jeff, as you found out - those pouches are way too big for the M&P mags - see the review on Midway from Dave G

Blade Tech now has injection molded pouches out there for ~$18 that fit like a glove. I picked mine up from SSS:

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/cat...agazine+Holders

-Dave

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Dave,

I got my gear/toys about a year ago when there was virtually nothing on the market yet for the M&P. Yes I had to adjust the pouches so they hold nicely.

Thanks for the update and for others and thank goodness a lot of new items are on the market now specifically made for the M&P.

Good to chat with you again. I like your ideas.

Jeff

·
Registered
100 Posts
The only "plastic" holster I could find, priced within reason (to me anyway), was the Fobus Evolution and also their Roto Paddle. That's specifically for the M&P 45. They cost about $28 & $34. But, thanks for your help fellas!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts