MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked a question regarding the material used in the Revolution in a thread in the BT forum but haven't received a reply.

From BT's website:

We use a proprietary new material which is tougher and more durable than our competitors. It has unique lubricious qualities impregnated into the material which will give you a custom fit and feel with an audible click. In addition, it has a higher heat temperature deflection than the other materials used in most holsters today. This new material has no memory loss in high heat temperature climates!

I understand it's injection molded but is this not conventional kydex? If not what type of material is it?

·
Registered
373 Posts
REAL reason for the material

It has unique lubricious qualities impregnated into the material
I think BT just wanted an excuse to say "lubricious" and "impregnated" in the same sentence, that's what I think.... 8)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actually I bought one. I'm impressed! Haven't slept with it yet though. The 2 adjustable tension screws make it easy to easy to set up plus the 3 cants should accomodate just about any shooter. 2 thumbs up for this one.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
If you get one be sure to apply some Red Locktight or similar substance to the screw threads as soon as you decide on Cant.

I dropped a new XD on the ground by forgetting to do this then when I bought my first M&P did it again.

I'm old and allowed forgetfulness, most of you aren't.

They work great as long as the screws don't fall out. I bought 2, they are cheap, one for FBI Cant and one straight.

:twisted:

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
We use a proprietary new material
Basically, that means that if you ask, you won't get an answer, they don't want their competitors to know what they are using.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
According to BT there won't be a LH Revolution holster, the injection molded holsters require a very expensive mold and the LH doesn't sell enough to warrant the investment.

All of the BT belt holster attachments, paddle, stingray, tek-lok & dropped offset, will fit the Revolution holster. All of the attachments use three screws but the paddle uses only two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
what exactly is the tel-lok, i don't care for the belt loop all that well, i have always used paddles, but the tel-lok with drop looks interesting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts