MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Just received my BT Revolution. I must say it's nicer than any uncle mike holsters I've worked with but there are a few drawbacks that I've found. First let me qualify the following statements by saying that I've been using a compact to try it out. My full size is in the S&W shop getting fixed (light strikes).

First. I found that unless you have a perfectly straight out lift the gun can "jam" in the holster. Now this may be due to it being a compact in a full size holster.

Second. When inserting the compact into the revolution the mag release is depressed which ejects the magazine. Not cool. I have a hunch that the muzzle will reach the end of the holster with a full size prior to the mag release hitting the holster but putting a relief in that area wouldn't be too hard to do and I plan to. I'll post pics of what I'm referring to later.

Overall a decent holster, probably fine for a full size but some hiccups with the compact. I would say it's worth the price and much abreviated wait in comparison with their custom stuff. Definitely won't be replacing my UCH when it finally comes in though.

MC

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just received my blade-tech revolution too. Don't like it very much. The gun rattles in the holster unless you tighten the retention screws very tight. Gun stops rattling, but can hardly draw it. I also ordered a Comp-Tac paddle slide w/FBI cant. Now that's an awesome holster. If anyone owns a compact, I would highly recommend the Comp-Tac. I'm sure the belt slide is just as good too. I think it was Clint Smith who said, "Comp-Tac, kydex done right". Also, I ordered the Comp-Tac on a Wed. and received it that Saturday. Pretty good service I would say. The blade-tech just went into the holster pile. Maybe I'll modify it and use it for a 5" M&P when they offer it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The straight-up draw may be intended as a "weapon retention" function of the holster. In other words, it makes it difficult for someone other than you to take the pistol from the holster.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics (large file size)

Ok, here's the pics. (first time at this so I hope it turns out all right)

Blade-Tech Revolution:

Mag release issue:

Comp-Tac Paddle slide:

Enjoy!

MC

BTW I'm not a Marine. The digi's were a gift from a friend of mine who is and I thought they would make a good backdrop for the pics.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
ha, I just noticed you have a blade tech, but you also won the 3rd holster.

Crazy world.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
My fullsize M&P does not go into the holster that far. It will stop before it hits the mag release.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a Canadian IPSC shooter and I'm looking for a non-speed holster.

After looking at these I'm still wondering what would be the best for IPSC?

·
Registered
141 Posts
What is the thickness of the material used on the revolution?

Is it similar to a Fobus holster or thicker?

I have an Uncle Mikes one size fits all. I like the thickness of the kydex

but it does not fit the M&P properly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lineman said:
I'm a Canadian IPSC shooter and I'm looking for a non-speed holster.

After looking at these I'm still wondering what would be the best for IPSC?
I should be receiving my Blade-Tech DOH Stringray holster today or tomorrow and will let you know how it works....I decided against the Revolution as the DOH model seemed better for competition.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a blade-tech stingray for my MP40. Really nice holster,well built.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts