MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the forum I have been having an on going problem with the trigger loop on full size 1.0 .40. I had put an Agency drop in trigger changed the sear and sear spring to the agency and for about a year now I just cannot seem to get the gun to shoot 100% flawless due to that loop (trigger bar is blank no S or H marked). I am trying to run a performance center slide on it and I constantly adjust that loop and I keep getting a dead trigger after 3-4rds I recently bought the H trigger bar (waiting for it to come in) would this H trigger bar fix the issue? And due to me having the old blank trigger bar is that whats causing the issue?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't answer your question but I do want to comment: I attempted to install an Apex trigger, sear and springs into a V1.0 M&P 9C but was never able to get the trigger bar loop to time the Apex sear without light primer strikes. After several attempts to find the sweat spot, I gave up (something I NEVER do) and went back to the original S&W sear. I have since traded in that M&P 9C against a 2.0 M&P 45C which does not have the trigger bar loop, instead it uses the trigger bar striker safety release to push a cam on the sear so that it rotates and releases the striker (see pix below). My Shield 45, which I understand was only marketed as a V2.0, has the loop method of rotating the sear. I'm trying to determine if the V2.0 Shield's in 9 and 40 uses the loop or the cam push to rotate the sear? Frankly, I'm very happy with my V1.0's 9 and 40; however, I did replace the stock articulated S&W trigger on the 40 with the Monarch trigger marketed by Hyve. I prefer the solid feel of it versus the mushy feel of the articulated S&W trigger. The Monarch trigger uses the stock S&W sear so there are no adjustments to the trigger bar loop. I have since ordered two more, one for the 9 and 45. I have not yet fired the 2.0 M&P 45C enough to determine if I will replace its trigger, if I do, it will be with the Monarch.

I dressed all three Shields with the Hogue grip sleeves designed for the Ruger Security 9 Compact, as they fit the Shields perfectly (see pix). The Hogue sleeve intended for the Shield 9 and 40 did not fit and yes, I warmed the material so it would stretch and used lube but it refused to fit...period! The sleeves are in Flat Dark Earth (FDE) and Green to distinguish the Shields in my locker from other guns. Lastly, all magazines have the Magguts +1 spring and followers.

top left: Shield 40 V1.0, Monarch trigger, Hogue Ruger Security 9C sleeve (Green)
top right: Shield 45 V2.0 S&W trigger, Hogue Ruger Security 9C sleeve (FDE)
bottom: Shield 9 V1.0, S&W trigger, Hogue Ruger Security 9C sleeve (FDE)

Below: M&P 45Compact, V2.0: Striker safety release on trigger bar, no loop to slip under the sear to rotate

Below: M&P 45C, V2.0: Trigger bar striker safety release pushing sear cam to rotate sear

Do the Shield's V2.0 in 9 and 40 use the above "push" or "loop" method to rotate the sear?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts