MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to change the look of my mp40 so I sandblasted my barrel,takedown lever and slide stop assembly. What do you think? Oh, and I also experimented with some textureing and got scared so I stopped.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Morgan. Yeah, I didn't do the slide yet because I kind of liked the look after I put it back together. But I do see some signs of wear on the slide and after it wears a little more I think I'll get boosted up to do it as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice job!! No offence but it looked better before the slide was blasted. Sorry!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I know. I kinda liked it better in black also. But I would have never known until I did it. I really liked all the pics of the ones I saw here so I got boosted up and did it. No regrets, just another reason to get another one. I am not unhappy with it, It's still a Mp40. Next will be a full melt when I can afford it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like that SS slide pic. Looks nice! Did you add a finish to the ss slide or just had it blasted?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'ts just blasted for now.. I was wondering if anyone knows if powdercoating holds up well on a handgun? This will give me more options on a color.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Looks great.................Nice job!! 8)
:idea:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Doesn't sandblasting alter the rust resistant properties of the stainless? I guess that'd be my concern in doing it. Not saying that it's bad...hell...I sent my barrel and parts to be polished. To my logic, a smooth polish shouldn't rust...a pitted sand blast might? Maybe I'm wrong and they both need to be oiled regularly.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, it's been 10 months since I did the work and no signs of rust. I have been wiping it with an oily rag with some weapon shield and it seems to do the trick. which reminds me, I need toorder some more weapon shield tomorrow.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So what did you use to achieve this awesome look? An air compressor? If so, with what kind of nozzle end? Details if you could please.

Thanks.

The Guinea

1 - 14 of 14 Posts