MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local indoor gun range doesn't allow it to be shot at their range. Anyone know why that would be?

I couldn't find anything online, but maybe i'm looking in the wrong places... and I never thought about it except when a user posted a pic of a target and saying he used Blazer Brass.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Grim, I've done a little snoopig around and what I've found is most indoor ranges don't allow the alum. case blazer or any "steel hull" ammo because of the wear on their rented guns. Some don't allow blazer at all because they say it's to smokey of a round. Some outdoor ranges dont allow the "steel" cased ammo because they can't sell it. I shoot the hell out of blazer "brass" at my outdor range as it seems cleaner than the umc or white box. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tigs40cal said:
Grim, I've done a little snoopig around and what I've found is most indoor ranges don't allow the alum. case blazer or any "steel hull" ammo because of the wear on their rented guns. Some don't allow blazer at all because they say it's to smokey of a round. Some outdoor ranges dont allow the "steel" cased ammo because they can't sell it. I shoot the hell out of blazer "brass" at my outdor range as it seems cleaner than the umc or white box. Hope this helps

Yea, I wasn't sure exactly what was "wrong" with it... I looked, but I guess I never looked hard enough or found the right answers, I guess. Ultimately, at your recommendation, i'm probably going to buy some and use it... just dump it into a bag or case and take it with me to the range.

Normally I use American Eagle and Winchester white box, like in the picture of my ammo in the gallery section. Blazer is definetly cheaper and wouldn't be a bad substitute if it is of decent quality. Personally, I go with quality ammo (normally), because I'd rather use quality then not... but if it is quality and cheap... bonus

·
Registered
167 Posts
Strange. I think it may have to do with the steel case that get mixed in with the range brass. They can't sell it, and they don't want to to sort it. The range right next to where i live sells blazer for use on the range. They also sell wolf .223 ammo.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Are you talking about new "Blazer Brass" or the old Blazer aluminum cases ammo? The old silver stuff is aluminum. And at the places I have recycled it.....never batted and eye at it. It seems funny that a range would not allow ammo for something so trivial?! :?

·
Registered
113 Posts
One reason may be that the range sells reloaded ammo for range use. They may have a deal that they will provide the commercial reloader all the range brass in exchange for reloaded rounds that they cam mark up reasonably for public use. If they allowed Blazer they would run the risk of not having enough reusable brass as per their agreement with the reloader.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
coltman1985 said:
Lazy I would guess!

Me, lazy? Nah... sometimes I like to read directed responses to my question the round-about answers via the internet... makes me feel more "secure" in the answer given to me. So eventhough I did look around, the answer was never tackled directly in the way I asked it, so I felt the need to finally ask it in that way... know what I mean?

Throwin Lead said:
that they will provide the commercial reloader all the range brass in exchange for reloaded rounds that they cam mark up reasonably for public use. If they allowed Blazer they would run the risk of not having enough reusable brass as per their agreement with the reloader.

They do sell their own ammo, which is what i'm guessing... the sign only reads "No Blazer Ammo"... so... so the sign leaves a lot to be desired for clarification.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Grimwulff said:
They do sell their own ammo, which is what i'm guessing... the sign only reads "No Blazer Ammo"... so... so the sign leaves a lot to be desired for clarification.

Blazer Brass is Brass ammo, but Blazer is not... There is a difference. I've been shooting Blazer Brass for years and have not had any issues with it, although I am finding that WWB is much cheaper (Walmart) and just as good as the Blazer Brass ammo.

·
Registered
498 Posts
fatboy97 said:
Blazer Brass is Brass ammo, but Blazer is not... There is a difference. I've been shooting Blazer Brass for years and have not had any issues with it, although I am finding that WWB is much cheaper (Walmart) and just as good as the Blazer Brass ammo.

Is WWB really cheaper than Blazer Brass at Walmart where you live? Blazer Brass is 9.97 a box for 40cal at Walmart here and something like 12.97 a box of 40cal for WWB, 50 round boxes. I wonder what the reason for that difference is...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I shoot lots of Blazer brass in .40 and .45 because it's the cheapest thing Wally World sells these days. Never a problem with it. I do not find it smoky or substantially dirtier than anything else in its price range. Hard to imagine why the range has this rule.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Oh I see. they don't want blazer aluminum cased ammo because it's harder to sort and they can't sell it. I bet if you asked Blazer brass would be fine.

Grimwulff said:
coltman1985 said:
Lazy I would guess![/quote

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Does anybody have a Walmart where 9mm Blazer Aluminum is cheaper than WWB?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Grimwulff, have you tried asking them if it applied to Blazer Brass and if so why?

They probably don't have a good reason but might have.

:twisted:

·
Registered
210 Posts
The real question is how long has the sign prohibitting Blazer been posted? I say this because orginal Blazer was all aluminum, while now they offer brass and aluminum. I'll bet the sign was originally posted durng the time all Blazer was aluminum...........

Cheapest in these parts goes as such:

9mm - Remington UMC

40 & 45 - Blazer Brass

357 Sig - WWB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts