MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of us who have mag safeties AND want to dry fire;have to insert an empty mag to get the "click" and the trigger reset.

I hate to put any mag into the pistol after I've cleared the chamber so I removed the spring and follower from one of my mags,put blue tape on the sides and bottom and I use that.

This,of course,makes the mag temporarily N/G for REAL shooting.

So,does anybody make "BLUE" mags?

They could also be used for IDPA to produce the "click".

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
There's plenty of people, and several of the big names using the M&P's in IDPA, so they have found a way around "the click", I don't know how they did it though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a blue C.T.R.C. Safety Mag that I got through Brownell's. They no longer seem to carry them for the S&W though.

I just got the generic blue mag made for S&W double stack, so it doesn't fit perfectly in my M&P .40 - well, it fits, but does not lock into place. As for IDPA, I either shove the blue mag up in there and hold it just long enough to hammer down, or lately, SOs don't often care as long as you explain you have a mag disconnect - they want to see the clear chamber and just ask for a trigger pull and holster - no click expected. It just depends on the SO. I bring the blue dummy to every match just in case.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks;

My main reason for wanting a "blue" mag is for safety when dry firing.

Local SO's accept mag safety explanation and don't need a click.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed the company that makes "Blue Guns" re blue mags.

I'll advise their response

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Fish said:
I emailed the company that makes "Blue Guns" re blue mags.

I'll advise their response

The company is Ring's Manufacturing www.blueguns.com

9/40 full size mag FSSWMP40M

9/40 compact mag (with pinky extension) FSSWMP40CM

They lock in place like the real thing.

Both are about $13.00 each

They sell direct.

Should be useful for those who compete in IDPA with pistols with mag safeties and have SO's who insist on the "click" when clearing.

Much safer than using a real mag.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I just reach up into the mag well with my long S&W middle finger and hold down the mag safety lever and the trigger breaks for me...click. No fumbling with mags or taping them blue or anything.

Just make sure there is no round in the chamber if you use the middle finger to do this or the baby will fire. I'm due to remove the mag disconect soon though.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Though I use my middle finger occasionally for another purpose,I don't think it's long enough to reach the mag release.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I simply removed the mag disconnect and internal takedown lever. I don't like either.

:twisted:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Blade Tech's training barrel (Yellow ) for 14 bucks is a good alternative.

:twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts