MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

i just picked up a 380 W/Crims and a box of Federal Hydra-Shok. I’ve seen waaayyyy too many posts about the issues with 380’s and stovepipes As well as other issues. I’ve never been interested in the BodyGuard so I haven’t paid TOO much attention to the posts, but I’ve seen them.

i have a Sheild 9 2.0 W/Crims, 45 full size, and Compact 22 which eat whatever I feed them. I’ve been fortunate not to experience the issues some have.

Since the BodyGuard is going to be a backup carry to my Canik Elite SC I’m looking to see if the Hydra-Shok ammo does well in the BG. It was stupid expensive compared to the Hornaday Critical I carry in my Canik (double the price) so I’m hoping for good things.

How has your experience been with it? Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ll answer my question for people in the future. The Hydra Shok performs better than any other 380 hyper ammo and the critical defense performs the WORST of any. I know a lot of people will be buying the critical defense since it works so well with 9mm (and is my carry ammo in 9mm).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hydra-Shok was been a proven performer for 30 years. Now there is HST because the “kids” say Hydra-Shok is old technology. Either is top of the line, I've never had an issue with either.

But I’d want ball ammo if I was forced to carry a .380.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts