MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if there was some where or if anyone had any way to look up the serial # so i can tell when it was built and what BCA it has. Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Because nobody else has answered your question, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

No serial number list that we're aware of. S&W doesn't seem to want to tell us what the new series started with. They can't identify for us which model goes with which serial numbers either. Very strange in light of their history of keeping track of their various models, etc.

Best we know is that the current builds have serial numbers that look like SW5XXXX. Mine is in the 56XXX range. Another guy on here recently posted that he landed a 15T in the 6XXXX range. That has to be a very new build. He claims pmags even fit in his.

If you've got one with this type of serial number, chances are it was built since Jan. 2007 in-house at S&W. Likely has the LMT BCG in it instead of the older CMT bolt. Look at the screws holding the key in the BCG. If they have notches staking them, it's LMT. If there are instead straight lines cut completely across the screws, that's a CMT. There's great pics of this over at M4carbine.net (search for "staking" over there and you'll find the sticky on properly staked bolt carrier groups). There's a post over at M4 in which someone describes the proper markings an LMT bolt has as well. (Search for S&W or Wesson over there to find the thread. You'll be very glad you read all that M4 offers about our rifles. Grant (C4) over there is an incredible resource.)

Finally, the newer rifles, including mine with the 56XXX number, has the updated Troy front sight on it. Instead of round ears like the old Troy sights had, the new version has flared out ears along side the front sight post. No one knows the exact serial number on which S&W started putting these new Troy front sights.

F

·
0 Posts
The Mfg. of Bolts and Carriers

It's just a guess when saying the Allen Bolts are staked in a way that tells one who the Mfg. of the Carrier is. :roll:

I have done some deep research into just who is the maker of many AR parts. I have called LM&T talked to their head Engineer. Not even he can really be sure if they made the parts after they are shipped out.

LM&T does not mark anything on their carriers they only have MP on their bolts and other Mfg. also have the MP "Mag. Part. Inspection"

This is my LM&T bolt&carrier bought from the Bravo Company.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/ph...rrier4.jpg4.jpg

This is both the Bolt&Carrier that came in my SW5XX... M&P15T also is my LM&T who made what you tell me?

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/ph...rrier2.jpg2.jpg

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Trick question. That is the same picture.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
flanker said:
[quote name='Grimwulff']Trick question. That is the same picture.
Sorry about that little slip up now it's edited. :oops:[/quote]

Still not working... but don't worry, we all make mistakes. Hell, look at me, I was born as one

F

·
0 Posts
Grimwulff said:
[quote name='flanker'][quote name='Grimwulff']Trick question. That is the same picture.
Sorry about that little slip up now it's edited. :oops:[/quote]

Still not working... but don't worry, we all make mistakes. Hell, look at me, I was born as one
[/quote]

It's fixed now.you know the Net. :twisted:

·
Registered
78 Posts
All,

Yep the PMAGS fit my new rifle, MP-15T Ser# SW62XXX. Thanks for implementing that mine is a recent build. It is mt first rifle ever, I do own afew pistols:) one of them is an early MPA3XXX M&P .40 which is nice too. I was worried about the PMAG fit but sure enough Tim at Gilberts Small Arms in Lorton VA inserted the mag right infront of me and told me that there was an issue w/the lower not accepting PMAGS but not now, he told me that Smith is now manufacturing inhouse and fixxed the problem, he sold me cold! On the rifle and the PMAG, the USGI mag that came w/the rifle is nothing to wright home about, so I will be buying more PMAGS they are alot easier to load and unload. The mag was made in July 07. Thats all I know for now folks!! Jet

F

·
0 Posts
Jet said:
All,

Yep the PMAGS fit my new rifle, MP-15T Ser# SW62XXX. Thanks for implementing that mine is a recent build. It is mt first rifle ever, I do own afew pistols:) one of them is an early MPA3XXX M&P .40 which is nice too. I was worried about the PMAG fit but sure enough Tim at Gilberts Small Arms in Lorton VA inserted the mag right infront of me and told me that there was an issue w/the lower not accepting PMAGS but not now, he told me that Smith is now manufacturing inhouse and fixxed the problem, he sold me cold! On the rifle and the PMAG, the USGI mag that came w/the rifle is nothing to wright home about, so I will be buying more PMAGS they are alot easier to load and unload. The mag was made in July 07. Thats all I know for now folks!! Jet
===

Question just what makes you post the USGI mag that came with your S&WAR is nothing to write home about? :roll: What make it this way? :roll:

·
Registered
78 Posts
It just seems sloppy, at least the one I got ,it is all scrachted up on the outside and the mag follower nose dives real easy, maybe I got the one made on a monday or a friday before a holiday. One more thing I don't have anything against USGI mags in general, I would gladly buy more of them.

F

·
0 Posts
Jet said:
It just seems sloppy, at least the one I got ,it is all scrachted up on the outside and the mag follower nose dives real easy, maybe I got the one made on a monday or a friday before a holiday. One more thing I don't have anything against USGI mags in general, I would gladly buy more of them.
===

All you have to do is call S&W support they will send you the UPS next day shipping sticker for returning your Mag. and you will get a new Mag.

F

·
0 Posts
Jet said:
Thank you Flanker! I just might do that! R/Jet
===

I had my firing pins tip come apart was damaging the primers when I fired "caused a gas leak" I called S&W to see how they would treat me. They quickly e-mailed me the USP nextday air shipping lable. Fairly soon I had a new firing pin. :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I called S&W and the guy on the phone says they haven't changed the design since my rifle came out MPT55**** pmags will not work with my rifle .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts