MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a second Shield, this time a 9mm Shield from BudGunShop. When it arrived, I tried to dissemble the slide but it wouldn't fully slide off. It appears the problem is the slide end cap assembly. It doesn't fully fit at the top and it seems to be preventing the slide from sliding off the lower. I never fired a shot in the thing - called Buds and they said its a warranty issue. Has anyone had this issue???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, the barrel showed wear on the feed ramp. The blacking was worn off. Buds claims it was a new firearm. Does this seem right? I have 5 m&p and they all had black ramps when I got them. 500 rounds later the black is gone. Makes me believe the gun had been used quite a bit... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
220 Posts
my MP shield came with the top of the barrel a little worn and its a NEW gun. My mp9c came with the top also worn but not like the shield. both are new guns. about the slide not coming off didn't have that problem

·
Registered
722 Posts
If the rear slide plate has slipped down, preventing the slide from being removed, watch a video on swapping Slide Plates (DNZ Performance has a good video), Lock the slide back and remove it. Then you should be able to remove the slide completely and see if you can get the Slide Plate locked in properly.

As to the feed ramp... Mine was shiny when I got it... Not Black.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If the rear slide plate has slipped down, preventing the slide from being removed, watch a video on swapping Slide Plates (DNZ Performance has a good video), Lock the slide back and remove it. Then you should be able to remove the slide completely and see if you can get the Slide Plate locked in properly.

^^^
What he said. All my feed ramps were polished, and I polished them more

·
Registered
19 Posts
+1 on polished and shiny feed ramp. Dark means dirty to me...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't have a problem getting the slide off my Shield 9mm. I bought mines NIB and the feed ramp was a nice shiny black without any wear.

Sounds like your gun was a return that someone messed up trying to do whatever to it. Maybe the slide end plate needs to be put back on properly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. The test round was fired on 3-31-2015, so I think the gun was new. I bought a back plate from NDZ Performance and will see if that fixes the problem before I send it to SW.

Thank everyone!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the opposite problem. The slide on my new shield comes off alright, but going back on the rear slide plate gets hung up on the trigger bar. I have to put the slide up just up to the trigger bar, and manually push the trigger to the side and out of the way of the slide end plate. Because of this, my end plate is a little dinged up on the corner where it was dragging on the drigger bar

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
+2. Don't remember seeing a black feed ramp on an M&P, and we've had dozens of them pass through our hands. Might just be old age setting in.

Edit:

Just took a brand new M&P9 Shield right off the truck, direct from S&W. Opened it and looked at the feed ramp, this is what I saw:

Looks like it may have been all black, but factory test firing has removed it along the center of the ramp. All the M&P pistols I receive have been test fired from the factory.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The .45 FS I got in January was sold as used but there was no signs of wear on the top of the shroud and the feed ramp was as bright as a mirror. It's pretty interesting that production guns show different conditions right from the factory.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.