MP-Pistol Forum banner

Bought my old Department Issued Duty Weapon!!

8K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  S&WM&P40 
#1 ·
I happened by my old PD the other day and was BS'ing with the Chief and he said they had traded their old Sig P229's to a local gun store.

First opportunity I had I stopped in to see how much they were asking for them and ended up finding the one I carried so I bought it. Ended up paying $350 for it which included 3 magazines. Probably wasn't that great of a buy but to me it was well worth it since it was my first ever issued pistol.

Currently the Sig is sitting in the state mandated 10 day lock-up to give it ample time to cool off, regain it's composure and decide against going on a shooting rampage...since we all know it's the guns that kill!

In the meantime I'm looking for the model of holster I used on my duty belt. Going to set my duty belt up like I wore it and pass it down to my future grand-kids so they can know (if they're even interested) what grandpa wore for work back in the OLD DAYS.:D

#6 ·
I received a call on night saying the Sig was acting normal...apparently it was not showing any tendency to want to jump up and go on a shooting spree so they let me come and take him home early...3 business days instead of 10...woohoo!

Here's the obligatory pic...cause we all know...no pic...it didn't happen!!

#9 ·
Now that is cool to have your first Duty Gun back :) Guess it did not turn to the dark side working for the PD all those years :)
I am surprised that even thought you were retired LEO they were still looking at a layover of up to 10 days! Here in Maine we show ID, the SP does a background check, and usually 30 minutes or less the LGS get a call back and you take your new baby home.. Glad I move out of CT> I think the Libs there are as bad as your state lol Again Congrats and THANK YOU for your past service!

#17 ·
I know the feeling well. I was able to purchase my Model 64 heavy barrel .38 cheap when we transitioned to semi-autos. It was brand spanking new in 1983 when issued to me and I still have the original box and grips. Carried it (and drew it quite often) for 10 years. When I retired (first time), I was able to keep my G23 that was issued brand new in the transition from the revolver. Carried (and also drew quite often) for the next 15 years. Retired a second time and was given my G21 which I carried for 7 years when we switched from .40s to .45. Was offered my original issue G22, carried before the G21, but it was beat to death and needed an overhaul badly. Did not want to pay additional money on top of the already way too high amount they were charging for a severely used gun. Back out of retirement again and carrying another G21. Doubt they will give me this one since I already have one from here. So 3 guns for 37 years of service, not bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.