MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I also agree, they are great movies and I am looking forward to seeing this one too.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Jester said:
I'll be in there to watch.

+100,000

What a good series and now a trilogy yeahhhhh.

·
Registered
270 Posts
woodeckt said:
I cannot wait for it. Went to wallyworld the other night and they had the first two for $7.50 each on DVD.

If you think the movies are good, you have to read the books. Much better, IMO. I would have been nice had the movies been able to stay true to the books.

--

Mike

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
mbott said:
If you think the movies are good, you have to read the books. Much better, IMO. I would have been nice had the movies been able to stay true to the books.

--

Mike

I appreciate the movies separately from the books. They don't go for watered down super broad appeal other than telling a decent story. They don't go for ripped form the headlines plots. They understand the value of well performed stunts over gratuitous CGI effects in an actiony flick.

They could have nothing in common with the books at all and I'd still like them just for that.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I gained all new respect for him after i saw the first one, i always seen him as a sissy guy. But damn did he come out wupping some ass in the first two!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
woodeckt said:
I have both books ready in my que to read. I am finishing up the Eagle series by William Johnstone right now.

I read Johnstone's "Invasion USA Border War" a short time ago. Pretty good book that will really piss you off.

Guess I'll have to read the Bourne books since you guys seem to like them so much, just see if you know as much about good books as you do guns. :wink:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just got back from seeing it. Incredible movie, nonstop. Some scary stuff in there though, I don't think it ruins the movie to throw this out there but the level of government surveillance they portray is truly scary. Not to mention the total lack of checks and balances in the stuff the CIA is doing, they just have free reign and are just short of being completely rogue.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I also just got back from seeing it. Great movie, can not wait for the next one. Very fast pass.

I also agree about the scary stuff.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Saw it last night. It was excellent, as good as he previous two. Someone mentioned Matt Damon not being right for the part, I've been reading the books and he doesn't seem right to me as comared to the haracter in the book series. I think Matt Damon did a good job though. BTW, I also picked up the latest Bourne book about a week ago titled "The Bourne Betrayal". This is the fifth book in the series so far.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone notice the guns in this movie?

I saw a Sig (probably a 226) and at the end with the 'Dr', Bourne had a Glock (saw the sights).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts