MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the extreme pleasure and honor of training with David Bowie today and for the next 2 days. I shot his personal M&p .45 today and was extremely impressed iwth his work. The gun felt great in the hand, was very controlable and recoil wise didn't seem much different than my 9mm.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it is. He said he took delivery of it, shot it to make sure it works, then performed his magid on it. After shooting his, I like the M&P even more. My nine had another FTE in the 400 rounds today. He is going to check my extractor tension tomorrow before class.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
UPSguy said:
I believe it is. He said he took delivery of it, shot it to make sure it works, then performed his magid on it. After shooting his, I like the M&P even more. My nine had another FTE in the 400 rounds today. He is going to check my extractor tension tomorrow before class.

Keep me posted about the extractor tension. I think I'll send my M&P9 to Burwell before too long for NS installation and a trigger job so I might ask him to check my extractor as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
m4arc said:
Was that the one he posted on 10-8? That thing was a work of art (and function) 8)

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showf...0&fpart=all

That is one awesome piece of shootin' iron. Can't wait to get my .45 and send it in along with my .40. Sounds like he's swamped as can be, though. Go full time, David! We (along with a TON of other non-M&P shooters) will support you!!! You've already got the best marketing available (great word of mouth) and your quality of work speaks for itself. DO IT!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
m4arc said:
[quote name='UPSguy']I believe it is. He said he took delivery of it, shot it to make sure it works, then performed his magid on it. After shooting his, I like the M&P even more. My nine had another FTE in the 400 rounds today. He is going to check my extractor tension tomorrow before class.

Keep me posted about the extractor tension. I think I'll send my M&P9 to Burwell before too long for NS installation and a trigger job so I might ask him to check my extractor as well.[/quote]David thought the extractor tension was OK to marginally OK. There was a lot of crap behind the extractor. This is why he has been begging S&W to not put the extractor pin in with a press. He wish was answered on the .45, they use a roll pin to hold the extractor in.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
UPSguy. I hope you enjoyed the school. I love to teach and this was a good class. Sorry I had to leave at the end before getting to chat with the students, but the SWAT call was an armed baracaded subject so I had to bail.

He was taken into custody with no problem, so all went well.

Keep up the good work you shoot well. AND (keep that extractor clean).

CHECK 360 David Bowie

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you David, I understand why you had to leave, John did make it back as I was leaving. It was an HONOR and a PRIVILEDGE to train with you and just talk face to face, man to man. This was a wonderful learning experience and I cannot wait to do it some more. Guys (and gals), if you think David's work looks good in pictures, you would be amazed seeing it in person. I will be sending you both of my M&Ps (and the .45 when I get it) to have your magic performed on them. In all sincerity (I can be a smart ass), David, at some time in the future I hope to be able to say we are friends.

Please keep checking your 360 and stay safe out there.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
CBRADGO said:
[quote name='m4arc']Was that the one he posted on 10-8? That thing was a work of art (and function) 8)

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showf...0&fpart=all

That is one awesome piece of shootin' iron. Can't wait to get my .45 and send it in along with my .40. Sounds like he's swamped as can be, though. Go full time, David! We (along with a TON of other non-M&P shooters) will support you!!! You've already got the best marketing available (great word of mouth) and your quality of work speaks for itself. DO IT!!![/quote]

Yep, that's the one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts