MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just received my first brand new MP9c that was order from Budgunshop yesterday. Right before doing the paper work, the guy told me that my magazine release is not functioning right. When my MP magazine release is pressed, it rejects the magazine, but do NOT return to its normal position. To get it back, I have to push from the other side. The magazine release button seems to be very tight fit with the frame. I did not want to send it back to Budgunshop, because of shipping cost.

Does anyone have the same problem like my MP9c? Any suggestion? :idea:

Thanks,

Cal

:?:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep, contact S&W and they will take care of it.

You can also email them at [email protected]. You'll usually have a response within 24hrs.

Include your serial#, name, address, phone, and description of the problem.

Also, request an shipping label. They will email or snail mail you a UPS label.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would suggest that you remove the slide and watch the mag release in the mag well as you press the mag release button. You should be able to see what is causing the problem. Sounds to me like the mag catch is not properly seated with the return spring. Try removing the mag release and installing it from the opposite side, following the instructions in the Owners Manual. If the dealer knew the gun had a problem, why did he sell it to you??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your suggestion. I will try to swap my mag drop to the other side to see how it will operate.

The quality control person from S&W should have discoverred this problem, unless a piece plastic fell inside and got stuck between mag drop and the frame during packing.

Arizona Smithshooter said:
I would suggest that you remove the slide and watch the mag release in the mag well as you press the mag release button. You should be able to see what is causing the problem. Sounds to me like the mag catch is not properly seated with the return spring. Try removing the mag release and installing it from the opposite side, following the instructions in the Owners Manual. If the dealer knew the gun had a problem, why did he sell it to you??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I swap the mag drop to the other side. It improve a little bit, but my is still stuck. I have to send it back to S&W.

Thanks,

Cal

travinh said:
Thanks for your suggestion. I will try to swap my mag drop to the other side to see how it will operate.

The quality control person from S&W should have discoverred this problem, unless a piece plastic fell inside and got stuck between mag drop and the frame during packing.

[quote name='Arizona Smithshooter']I would suggest that you remove the slide and watch the mag release in the mag well as you press the mag release button. You should be able to see what is causing the problem. Sounds to me like the mag catch is not properly seated with the return spring. Try removing the mag release and installing it from the opposite side, following the instructions in the Owners Manual. If the dealer knew the gun had a problem, why did he sell it to you??
[/quote]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts