MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
The striker return spring should be pushing the striker to the rear as soon as the striker hits the primer. That striker should not be sticking through at all except for the tiny fraction of a second when it is released from the sear and slams forward into the primer. Then the striker return spring pushed it to the rear and you don't see it sticking through.

Just unloaded mine and field stripped it.

The striker cannot move forward unless the striker block is pushed into position to allow the striker to move forward.
Once the striker block is moved out of the way the striker can be pushed forward but immediately returns to the rear once I take my thumb off the back of it. It'll come back so fast/hard you can hear it click as it hits fully to the rear.

If I let up on the striker block while holding the striker forward the striker will sometimes barely catch on the striker block. Meaning the striker stay forward sometimes, not every time and if I barely touch the tip of the striker sticking through the breechface it pops to the rear anyway, overcoming that little bit of friction/drag created by contacting the striker block. The striker return spring is trying to push it to the rear but sometimes doesn't overcome that friction/contact with the striker block without a small touch on the tip of the striker.

That striker block should be staying in position till the striker return spring has moved the striker to the rear. Meaning the trigger bar should be holding the striker block upwards/in place long enough for the striker return spring to move the striker backwards before the slide moves to the rear and the striker block moves downwards again when it comes off the trigger bar.

Does your pistol have a striker return spring in it? If you pull the slide off, remove the recoils spring/guide and barrel, turn the slide upside down, push down on the striker block with a finger tip and the push forward on the striker till you see it protrude through the breechface will the striker pop back to the rear/out of side when you stop pushing the striker forward?

I've got 5 full sized M&Ps and a Shield and all of them do what I just described. They all work the same.

Take a look at yours and see if the striker pops to the rear when you let go up it while holding the striker block down.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Glad you got it "fixed". You're right, the dealer you worked with was very helpful/cooperative. Be sure to let them know you will be buying from them in the future because they were so helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts