MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to have my new M&P9 coated with the nickel-teflon finish NP3. Besides shooting for function check, how many rounds would be recommended to ensure that the metal to metal surfaces has mated properly before coating them in the NP3? 100? 1,000?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Break In

I am pretty certain 500-600 should be sufficient to get a good wear in. Every pistol is different but you should be able to tell when the black finish is worn off the slides just enough for it to have a little play it didnt when new. Just when it starts to feel slick when racking the slide unchambered. Of course this is all subjective, again dependent on the individual pistol. Sorry to be so vague.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Break In

EUNOS1 said:
Every pistol is different but you should be able to tell when the black finish is worn off the slides just enough for it to have a little play it didnt when new.
Actually, I was surprised at how much side-to-side play there is between the slide and the frame. My other brand of polymer pistol with thousands of rounds through it is tighter than my 150 round M&P. Should I be concerned about this?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
A break in is not needed before refinishing.

Guppy said:
Actually, I was surprised at how much side-to-side play there is between the slide and the frame...Should I be concerned about this?
No.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts