MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my M&P40 mags had a rattle - so I took it apart - the follower had one of its guide thingies broken off -



I bought some spare followers a few months ago - so I had a replacement part -



Anyone else experience this?





I sanded down the mag catch on all 4 of my semi auto pistols - very easy to do. I have had a mag come loose while the gun was in its holster - plus have had the mag drop out of my 40 a few times. I think I was hittng the catch.





Other thing I noticed - the magazine spring on a 40 full size is the exact same asw the one used in the 9c 12 round mag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
z71bill said:
Other thing I noticed - the magazine spring on a 40 full size is the exact same asw the one used in the 9c 12 round mag.


I don't think that's unusual at all. CZ does the same with their 9mm and 40 mags, too.



--

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
My first one, an M&P9C, had a rattle in the mag the first day. When I took it apart one of the "legs" on the follower fell out. The magazine functioned okay, but my dealer made it right the next day.



Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mreising said:
My first one, an M&P9C, had a rattle in the mag the first day. When I took it apart one of the "legs" on the follower fell out. The magazine functioned okay, but my dealer made it right the next day.



Mark


Legs on the follower - sounds better than thingy - I wonder if S&W plans to do anything to beef this part up - just replacing the part is not enough - why are they breaking - I had a couple of jams (months ago) and wonder if the broken follower was the cause.



BTW - I took my M&P9c mags apart - I had shot about 100 rounds out of each - they were completely full of black scum - had shot 500 rounds out of my M&P40 mags since I cleaned them last - they were hardly dirty.



I plan to check & clean the inside of the new "free" mags before I shoot with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
z71bill said:
Legs on the follower - sounds better than thingy - I wonder if S&W plans to do anything to beef this part up - just replacing the part is not enough - why are the breaking - I had a couple of jams (months ago) and wonder if the broken follower was the cause.



BTW - I took my M&P9c mags apart - I had shoot about 100 rounds out of each - they were completely full of black scum - had shoot 500 rounds out of my M&P40 mags since I cleaned them last - they were hardly dirty.



I plan to check & clean the inside of the new "free" mags before I shoot with them.


I have not had a problem with either my M&P9C or full size M&P9 other than that first one. I've probably got 1000 or more through each of the guns between IDPA matches and practice. I suspect the broken piece occured during assembly and is not a "wear" issue.



By the way, I used LUVMY40's magazine sleeves for the full size mags in a match today and they worked very well, a good fit.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top