MP-Pistol Forum banner

Buddy's first 9mm?

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  koumiss45 
#1 ·
What should we pick out for him at the gun show this weekend... I think he is going to limit the price to 325....what can I get.

#3 ·
Depending on how good the deals are, you might even be able to pick up a Ruger.

#6 ·
mikenkansas said:
I've never owned a Ruger centerfire auto but I haven't heard that they have a quality problem. Is there one?

I've heard some "sort of negative feedback" on their 45s, but it was always, "It is a Ruger, I want something more expensive", or "I don't like the grips". If you don't have the money and that is what you can get, then deal with it. Personally, I like the Ruger 45s, but the M&P was all around my #1 choice b/c... it is the M&P. I have several magazines that hail the new Ruger 45 semi-autos as being the most reliable gun they've tested.

ETA: the last statement I made took into account the overall price of the gun.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product...oducts_id/18161

It is under 350 in price...

#9 ·
I know, he loves shooting my 9mm but doesn't want to spend that much....lol.....I told him to get a jennings...but a hi point could be better. On a serious note, I think he just wants one now, and is not willing to wait a few weeks to get something good.

#10 ·
koumiss45 said:
I know, he loves shooting my 9mm but doesn't want to spend that much....lol.....I told him to get a jennings...but a hi point could be better. On a serious note, I think he just wants one now, and is not willing to wait a few weeks to get something good.

loan him the extra with a HIGH interest charge so you can get another gun

#12 ·
DON'T get a Sigma - too many newbies get sucked into Sigmas because of the price - then their next complaint is the heavy trigger.

Seriously... If U look hard enough, U can find a Stoeger Cougar for around that price. Rugers are good guns, but do not have the best trigger sometimes. And, I don't think the rear sights are that good (they've gotten better on the 345 and the newest 9mm they just came out with this month).

Stoeger is basically making a Beretta Cougar - they are using Beretta's machinery.

Otherwise, I say get a Bersa 380 - or, save up to $400 and get an FNP 9mm.

#20 ·
I just bought a used generation 2 Glock 17 from an ole' boy locally for $325.00 with two 17 round mags. I added two more mags and a set of night sights that same afternoon to complete the package. The gun and two mags was a pretty decent deal though at $325.00.

Oh, and I will personally recomend summitgunbrokers. Mark is a great guy to deal with. He's local to me and I've done business with him. Very stand-up guy who is honest and go's out of his way to make you happy. Buy from him with complete confidence.

If you shop around... Deals can be found. Strangely enough though, I rarely find a decent deal at the gunshows. I have made some great buys through friends though ($250.00 Sig P220 w/3 mags and night sights, $400.00 H&K USP .45 w/2 mags and night sights, etc.) Deals are out there... Shop around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.