MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I got my 9c from Buds good bunch of people BUT the SN of my firearm was kind of old which makes me think it was hanging around in the back for 5-6 months..

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm wondering if they have an overstock of these given the price. But it is not that much lower than their normal price.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Bud's was the best deal I could find. They did just fine, it was a quick ship and my FFL already had done tons of business with them. You need to be sure about what you select though, changing an order after it's placed will cost you $$. My serial number was not ancient, it was fairly new compared to what others were reporting on deliverys around the same time.

hth!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm tempted to get another 40 or maybe a 9 at those prices. I don't have much reason to but thats never stopped me before. :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
MI_Jester said:
439.99+55 local transfer= 494.99

Local price is 499.99.

A grand $5.00 savings. Even if it was a $25.00 transfer it would still only be a savings of $25.00. I would rather support my local store.

MI_Jester

So did you include a state tax in your figure? Supporting your local is very touching, but saving a lot $$$ on a quality weapon is awesome?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I assumed but am not sure that the local FFL would be required to collect tax. I can get the transfer done for $10.00 and I don't have a local dealer I like enough to support.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Steelshooter said:
I can get the transfer done for $10.00 and I don't have a local dealer I like enough to support.

WOW, its 50.00 in my town.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
mine varies 15.00 in town and 10.00 the next town over so I am happy with 15.00

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know the guy who owns the gun shop so he gives me a good deal. i've seen places in Phoenix charge as much as $75 for a transfer.

sailman said:
[quote name='Steelshooter']I can get the transfer done for $10.00 and I don't have a local dealer I like enough to support.

WOW, its 50.00 in my town.[/quote]

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
My dealer charges $10 for a transfer.

He, he...
Yukon said dealer, isnt that the truth. :wink:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I picked up my MP9 in person at Buds. Great price. Can't beat $399....

However, the serial does show that the pistol has been around a while. I think mine was manufactured in Feb. of this year (07). The included casing shows that it was test-fired in early March. And I just bought it at the end of August.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, though. I don't know if s&w have made any improvements since mine was manufactured.

I am a little concerned about rusting on mine. It didn't take a few days for the rear sight to show surface rust...and I might just be paranoid, but I think the slide is developing an "orange glow" to it...

Oh well...it can always been sent into smith. We'll see..

Back to the topic at hand, it's hard to beat Bud's! Great prices!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='YukonGlocker']My dealer charges $10 for a transfer.

He, he...
Yukon said dealer, isnt that the truth. :wink:[/quote]

hmm he probably got that new m&p out of the back of a van

1 - 17 of 17 Posts