MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying full a size m&p from buds. Want to hear from those who have dealt with Buds,how did the deal go? any problems? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a 4013TSW from them a couple of months ago and was very impressed by their service. They shipped very quickly, and sent email updates immediately (when the order was received and when it shipped). I would buy from them again without hesitation.

Don

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DKJohnson57 said:
I bought a 4013TSW from them a couple of months ago and was very impressed by their service. They shipped very quickly, and sent email updates immediately (when the order was received and when it shipped). I would buy from them again without hesitation.

Don
Great, thanks for the info Don.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
There are quite a few people on this forum who got their pistols from Buds, as far as I know they are all pretty happy with Buds.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the input. One more question. I had two local S&W dealers tell me today there is no way the $399 M&Ps are new guns
Help. Who is full of @&$%? Does anyone know for sure what Buds is selling,and how would I know for sure? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
choochboost said:
[quote name='choochboost']I don't know if its still in place but once upon a time S&W had a 10+1 deal going with dealers. If they bought 10, the 11th was free. Bud's buys a lot of guns. Instead of selling 11 guns at full price with the last one being 100% profit, they cut their prices on all the guns to sell more total units.
[/quote]

Yeah I know.didnt think to ask here first
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Fast shipment from buds, there customer service is good IMO, but have heard others complain??? My transaction was a smooth as a babies behind, and there prices are awesome!

Good luck! :wink:

·
Registered
23 Posts
according to my local dealer, at one of the SHOT shows, if a dealer agreed to take a certain number of m&p's or more, they could get them as good as buy 5 get one free...I wonder if he is blowing smoke...

Justin

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
75% of my current inventory was purchased from www.budsgunshop.com so I feel compelled to tell you they are fantastic not only in price, but customer service and that my friend is worth every penny you spend.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Buds - Somewhat disappointed

Their price was competitive. They shipped when they said they would. Customer service was certainly OK. Why the disappointment? Before I ordered, I raised the question about receiving a "late model" MP-40. I was told that their throughput was such that it was not an issue. So, I had them ship directly to Dan Burwell for his magic. After he gave it the works, it was shipped to my FFL. Only then, did I find out that I bought a series MPB. No REV N. So far, I like the gun, Dan's work is certainly over the top, but am not pleased that it is an early model......... without the mods that S&W's continous improvemnet program brings. Crap!

·
Registered
148 Posts
tigs40cal said:
Thank you all for the input. One more question. I had two local S&W dealers tell me today there is no way the $399 M&Ps are new guns
Help. Who is full of @&$%? Does anyone know for sure what Buds is selling,and how would I know for sure? Thanks for any help

I have purchased 3 pistols from Bud's without a problem. My FFL dealer just shakes his head when he sees their prices and says he doesn't know how they're doing it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
DKJohnson57 said:

Don

Hey I was looking at that one. So you're the one who snatched it out from under me!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Buds - Somewhat disappointed

rootn.tootn.shootn.shoe said:
Their price was competitive. They shipped when they said they would. Customer service was certainly OK. Why the disappointment? Before I ordered, I raised the question about receiving a "late model" MP-40. I was told that their throughput was such that it was not an issue. So, I had them ship directly to Dan Burwell for his magic. After he gave it the works, it was shipped to my FFL. Only then, did I find out that I bought a series MPB. No REV N. So far, I like the gun, Dan's work is certainly over the top, but am not pleased that it is an early model......... without the mods that S&W's continous

improvemnet program brings. Crap!

WHAT?
I dont want one of those. When did you get yours?

·
Registered
50 Posts
My MPB shipped from Buds on 1-22-07. At the time, I believe others were receiving MBJ's Rev N.

I have had no problems with mine, but had I known what I was getting I would have bought it elsewhere. Or, if I had not had it shipped direct to Dan, I would have tried to return it. I don't know if Bud's would have worked with me.

I suspect that if I ever buy another gun from Bud's, it will be a model that has been in production for years and one where "old stock" would not be an issue.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts