• S&W MP9mm Compact (in ankle rig)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S&W 340PD (in ankle rig)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I am surprised in the poll results, but I think the wheel gun will be strongly favored.

·
Registered
373 Posts
BUG

I like the M&P-don't have a compact but have fondled a few-but I think a hammerless J-frame is a better choice as a second gun. For me, they work much better for pocket carry (no thick butt to hide) and I'd think the same for an ankle carry. The only auto I carried in an ankle rig was a PPK/S, and it stuck out...but maybe holster choice and clothing choice would alter that for you. You would really have to pry hard to ever talk me out of my 652, the light weight and shrouded hammer make it the most carry-able gun I have.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Personally I always want more capacity, although I would have a revolver as a BUG but I can't hit a lake if I was standing on the bottom with a small revolver. It is kind of embarrassing but I have never found a small revolver I can shoot well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YukonGlocker said:
Be sure to check out the 340M&P.

I want one. :wink:

Looks almost like the same thing. Just different build materials. I'd prolly want to go with the lightest possible package if I did it. Looks nice though

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Stainless steel cylinder-which I prefer.

Front night sight-which I prefer.

It's only about 1 ounce heavier; and about $80 cheaper.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YukonGlocker said:
Stainless steel cylinder-which I prefer.

Front night sight-which I prefer.

It's only about 1 ounce heavier; and about $80 cheaper.

What is the advantage of having a SS cylinder?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts