MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what bulk ammo do i need to buy for practice

i will do most of my shooting at home but some will be at the local range and they have some ammo that they dont want used like Wolf for example.

thanx

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm using good old Winchester White Box as

found in Wallmart. It's going for a little under

16 bucks a hundred depending on where you

live. It works just fine in my M&P full sized 9.

Zeke

·
Registered
132 Posts
+1 to WWB. It seems to be the best for the price.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Some dont like it but I've shot 3k+ of georgia arms reloads for pratice with no failures and no problems $107.50 40 cal 180 FMJ/500rounds

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I had 20,000 rounds of Blazer (aluminum) 115gr FMJ delivered last week. It's run very well in my M&P9 (10k rounds of it shot already). Outdoor Marksman was running a special, they had it for $6.25 a box; even after shipping, it cost me less than the price I was quoted directly from ATK.

I just checked their website, it appears they're out of stock, now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
ToddG said:
I had 20,000 rounds of Blazer (aluminum) 115gr FMJ delivered last week. It's run very well in my M&P9 (10k rounds of it shot already). Outdoor Marksman was running a special, they had it for $6.25 a box; even after shipping, it cost me less than the price I was quoted directly from ATK.

I just checked their website, it appears they're out of stock, now.

That's cause Todd just bought it all...

WWB works well for me, my local range also sells the Georgia arms for decent price and it has worked well. I usually just poke around and see who has the cheapest after shipping and load up.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
tsix said:
That's cause Todd just bought it all...

Actually, when I bought 400 boxes they were showing over 3,000 (150k rounds) in stock. When a distributor can deliver for less than the manufacturer's current price, you have to expect stuff to move fast. But I do admit, the fact it's all gone surprises me. I don't look forward to what I'll pay next time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i went to my local walmart and the price on WWB was somthing like 27.00 per 100

Blazer however was 16.00 per 100

thanks guys

·
Registered
475 Posts
toyfreak said:
i went to my local walmart and the price on WWB was somthing like 27.00 per 100

Blazer however was 16.00 per 100

thanks guys
Check that Blazer again. Are you sure that's not 16.00 for 50?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Local Wal-Mart has Winchester White box for $24 per 100 rounds and Blazer Brass for $7.78 per 50 rounds (40S&W). The 45 is $9 something per 50 rounds. By far the best deal online or not. I couldn't tell you what the 9mm is going for. I don't have anything that shoots it. Hhhhmm. I need to fix that...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah im sure

prices are obviously different in different areas of the USofA

just another reason to be anti walmart

however they are the cheapest.

·
Registered
564 Posts
98z28 said:
Local Wal-Mart has Winchester White box for $24 per 100 rounds and Blazer Brass for $7.78 per 50 rounds (40S&W). The 45 is $9 something per 50 rounds. By far the best deal online or not. I couldn't tell you what the 9mm is going for. I don't have anything that shoots it. Hhhhmm. I need to fix that...

45 ammo is more than that, isn't it? Our local Walmart has WWB at $32 + per 100.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Where I am, Blazer Brass .45 was $9.xx until a couple of months ago for 50. Now they are $13/box of 50. Everything has gone up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts