MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the bulk ammo from Cabela? I thought about ordering it and they are building one here in Reno (lucky me). I'm interested to know what people have to say about their ammo and if one brand works better then the other.

·
Site Staff
9,608 Posts
The bulk ammo from Cabelas is almost always Ultramax, it is reloaded ammo and not that great in quality, it has been blamed for a few KBs (blown up guns).

On the AR15.com website there is an ammunition section, and in that section is the "Ammunition Review & Reference" which is information gathered from actual users of a product, when you look on the list of makers you will find Ultramax near the bottom of the list, in the details you will see that among actual users of that ammo that 24.2% of the people who have actually used it had enough problems that they won't buy it again, that's a really bad review!

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=210

·
Registered
148 Posts
tstrenuous10 said:
Has anyone tried the bulk ammo from Cabela? I thought about ordering it and they are building one here in Reno (lucky me). I'm interested to know what people have to say about their ammo and if one brand works better then the other.

I've ordered the Remington UMC in bulk from Cabelas. Their shipping is cheaper than alot of other online sources and they throw in a dry box with an order. Natchezss.com seems to have the better deals even after factoring in their more expensive shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts