MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is taken with my cameraphone. I was just hoping to catch the blast, but it got the bullet too! I know this is a low-quality image, so let's invite any other bullet-in-mid-air photos that you have... At this point the bar is low, so any quality picture can proudly be posted!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nice picture
I do believe that there is one out there in one of the forums... But Mr Tamworth, on a phone that's not to bad at all... 8) :wink:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Cool pics guys. Not too many chances of seeing that- especially from a camera phone!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't even see it until my wife actually pointed it out to me! I was just impressed getting the blast!

Since the last post I've enhanced it a bit... I hope no one gets offended... :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Now that would truly be a perfect shot...

·
Registered
67 Posts
moxie1c said:
It would be interesting to see what a double-tap would look like....

It would look the same. No matter how fast you think you're shooting, one bullet hits the target before the other one leaves the gun.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
BateleurRGB said:
[quote name='moxie1c']It would be interesting to see what a double-tap would look like....

It would look the same. No matter how fast you think you're shooting, one bullet hits the target before the other one leaves the gun.[/quote]

Yea, by the look of the photo, he probably just started recoil. So your hand is still at the beginning of moving up as the first bullet hits the target.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Simple math.

A truly outstanding shooter on a good day might possibly, if the stars align just right, pull a 0.10 split.

So if you assume 1,000fps mean velocity from the bullet it will travel one hundred feet before the next round is fired. A more typical split for fast shooting is 0.25 seconds, which would equate to 250' before the next shot is fired.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
ToddG said:
Simple math.

A truly outstanding shooter on a good day might possibly, if the stars align just right, pull a 0.10 split.

So if you assume 1,000fps mean velocity from the bullet it will travel one hundred feet before the next round is fired. A more typical split for fast shooting is 0.25 seconds, which would equate to 250' before the next shot is fired.

The original bullet in that picture would be completely stopped inside of the trap at the end of that range by the time that happens.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
ToddG said:
Simple math.

What, Todd, you don't pull 0.10 splits on a 35yds target? you need to get practicing :wink:

You of course forced me to do the math on my load, a 200gr going 675fps means I need a 0.16 split on a 35yd target to get two in the air. That is doable maybe a minus 1 there and I certainly wouldn't do it that fast in a match but doable all the same. I know I know I need to take up cowboy action with loads like that, at least that is what everone at my local club tels me, but they are soft shootin and take steel really nice. 8)

Oh yeah cool pics guys

·
Registered
434 Posts
What are these people saying? that's the fastest finger I've ever heard faster than the next round to get into battery???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts